DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, Basara said:

Especially with Telltale games, they are notorious for dropping in price around the time, or soon after, the last episode is released. I think £10 for Batman was the most I've ever paid for an episodic game. Hell, most of the Telltale games have ended up on PS+ or GWG at this point. I cant justify paying twice the price and having to wait several months to finish playing a game.

Yeah, I bought Guardians of the Galaxy for about half the price with only one episode out.  It was some sort of sale on Xbox Live.  I've played plenty of Telltale games, and haven't paid anywhere near full price for any of them.

That's such an odd move to bring 2K18 to the switch after I believe saying that they weren't going to make any last-gen ports and a Switch version of the game feels like a slight disconnect for me.

Companies said a lot of things before they knew how well the Switch would sell and how excited fans were for it, EA Sports doing a 180 over a six month time period was pretty funny. Having a portable WWE game for the first time I think since 2011 is a pretty big deal, the main issue will be if they started development for it late if it will be fully featured. Companies found ways to get PS3 games onto the Wii even though its specs were weaker, I'm sure they'll find a way to do the same with the Switch if they think it will sell.

• Like 1

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 has a date of 8/8.  It's MM7-10 (apparently the PS1 version of 8) with all DLC for the PS3 games.  Seems a little anemic after the first collection, but if it's got the mash-up courses from the first collection I'll almost certainly get my money's worth. Wish they'd done Battle and Chase just to throw in a rarity, even though I've played it and know it's nothing special.

Telltale just announced the following

- Final Season of Walking Dead (Sometime 2018)

- Batman - The Evil Within (August 8th) - Yes!

- Wolf Among Us - Season 2 (Late 2018) - FUCK YES!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Telltale just announced the following

- Wolf Among Us - Season 2 (Late 2018) - FUCK YES!

/mjcry

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EVA said:

So it was announced over the weekend that SHADOW OF WAR will be pay-to-win with non-cosmetic loot boxes.

That really dampens my enthusiasm for this game.  I just can't support that bullshit.

Pay to win... for a single player game.  Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.

20 hours ago, EVA said:

So it was announced over the weekend that SHADOW OF WAR will be pay-to-win with non-cosmetic loot boxes.

That really dampens my enthusiasm for this game.  I just can't support that bullshit.

Oh for fuck's sake, really?

Oh it is even funnier (and scummier)

Everything a player can buy with Gold can also be earned in the game over time for free, but Gold gives players the option to acquire these items faster. No Gold purchases are necessary to enjoy the complete game experience.

What do you mean when you say Gold can save time?

By simply engaging with the world and playing through Middle-earth: Shadow of War, you earn items like Gear for Talion and unique Orcs for your army. These are the same items that are found in the Market within Loot Chests and War Chests. Gold merely allows you to get your hands on them immediately, cutting down some of the additional time that would have been spent winning more battles, tracking nemeses, completing quests and assaulting fortresses.

Give us more money so you have to spend less time on the game you paid for.

shout out to everyone who bought and paid further into MGS5, you've doomed us all

ANYWAYS

This game seems like a direct assault on my pleasure center. To explain what you're about to see, some indie devs (including the people behind Spelunky and Downwell) got together and created an imaginary obscure console, and then over time developed a bunch of games for it, and now they're planning to release it all at once like a Fictional NES Classic.

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, EVA said:

Not to mention that it has to be an always online game, which Monolith and WB tried to explain away. So if it ever goes offline, you're screwed.

I got this from Gearbox today

Project 1v1 is the code name for a top-secret, in-development, competitive first person shooter—and we want you to have a chance to be one of the first people to try it out! Project 1v1 combines the action of fast-paced 1v1 first person combat with the metagame strategy of a collectible card game.

That's not Borderlands 3 so go fuck yourself

Competitive 1st person shooter?

Yeah, I'll just go back to my competitive LttP/Super Metriod Rando racing, while deciding if I'm masochistist enough to attempt Mega Man Maker.