DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I dig FMV games too and I'll probably get Night Trap if the price is decent.  I would really like for them to rerelease Shadow Warrior, as it was one of the last things to be filmed in the Show Brothers famous "Shaw Town" backlot.  I have the game emulated but it's the Sega CD version and the video quality is terrible (though it was mind-blowing at the time).

There were a few good ones.  I liked Corpse Killer and Prize Fighter a lot.  The Make My Video discs weren't much of games, but I kind of liked them as a basic editing simulator.  If the bands were actually good, they might have been enjoyable.  Slam City is an abortion though, totally awful in every way, but if it was included in some sort of compilation (which is the direction they should go with this IMO) it would be good to throw on for a laugh.

I suppose its just easy money for Nintendo since some people will buy every version. I assume its targeting current 2DS owners, which I am not, or those that wanted to "downgrade" to the 2DS but didn't like the smaller size. So I think its more them getting money out of their current base rather than realistically expanding it.

Darksiders III is in the works.

Play as FURY - a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!

Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms - each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities

Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story

Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings

Darksiders signature art style - expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature

http://kotaku.com/darksiders-iii-apparently-leaked-via-amazon-1794830059

• Like 1

This week has Loco Roco Remastered (I'll be there day 1 for that), Lethal League for PS4, Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS2 on PS4 game) and Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (PS2 on PS4 game).

Not sure what's on Xbox One this week.

Bioware announced that their new IP will release sometime in FY19 (which for them is between April 2018 and March 2019)

They originally said it would be out March 2018

Based on comments from Bioware - more and more folks are thinking that it will be an "always online" type game in the style of Destiny or The Division 

I'm at the point where if Bioware ain't developing KotOR III, I have no excitement for what they're doing, and after Dragon Age and this latest Mass Effect, I'd rather have Obsidian develop KotOR III anyway. 

I wonder how long it'll be until EA pulls a Westwood on Bioware and leaves a once-mighty '90s developer to die. 

EDIT: And Sonic Chronicles. I figured that Bioware developing a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG had lots of potential, but no, no it didn't. 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:41 AM, RIPPA said:

Bioware announced that their new IP will release sometime in FY19 (which for them is between April 2018 and March 2019)

They originally said it would be out March 2018

Based on comments from Bioware - more and more folks are thinking that it will be an "always online" type game in the style of Destiny or The Division 

tumblr_o499uu6IiR1qbyp72o1_400.png

"Mysteriously," no one got any pictures of what was on McNally's shirt.