DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

11 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

This Tuesday will see Cosmic Star Heroine come out, which is as close to Phantasy Star V or a next gen Chrono Trigger as we will get.

No, I am not bitter that the XB1 version of CSH is still in development.  No, I am not.

How is it that this game is only coming out for PS hardware on launch day? 

Are the folks at Nintendo satisfied with only having one killer app for Switch?

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

No, I am not bitter that the XB1 version of CSH is still in development.  No, I am not.

How is it that this game is only coming out for PS hardware on launch day? 

Are the folks at Nintendo satisfied with only having one killer app for Switch?

Probably because the PS4 IS the PS2. Not to sound like a fanboy at this point, but PS4 has everything that I (and others) want. Weird Japanese RPGs? Check. AAA shooters? Check. Indie weirdness? Check. Trash tier games? Nope, let that stay on Steam.

It sorta sucks that the game is only coming to PS4 on launch and XB1 version is still in development.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

The fact that it's listed under the PLAY Collective header makes me think Sony paid for exclusivity time.

That's true. I really wish Microsoft would bring back Summer of Arcade. They could be doing the timed exclusivities if they wanted to. Instead, it's over $400 million to NFL.

13 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

That's true. I really wish Microsoft would bring back Summer of Arcade. They could be doing the timed exclusivities if they wanted to. Instead, it's over $400 million to NFL.

You can't argue with the math since the biggest annual revenue drawer for XBox is Madden.

You can end up waiting five or six years in between Halos and Mass Effects, but Madden comes out every fucking summer.

Uncharted: Lost Legacy will come on August 22 (PS4)

The retail is $40 so the assumption is that it is more than DLC but not a full game (though Naughty Dog is calling it a "true Uncharted game")

Also - if you preorder Lost Legacy, Naughty Dog has said you will get the remastered Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for free

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy will come on August 22 (PS4)

The retail is $40 so the assumption is that it is more than DLC but not a full game (though Naughty Dog is calling it a "true Uncharted game")

Also - if you preorder Lost Legacy, Naughty Dog has said you will get the remastered Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for free

Also, if you got Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition, Triple Pack or Explorer's Pack, you will get Uncharted: Lost Legacy for free. You just won't get Jak & Daxter for PS4.

On 13/04/2017 at 7:02 AM, Neil Koch said:

Actually having the whole game (or most of it) on the disc would be nice.  Not as grindy to level up would be good.  Also having an actual single player mode other than a few tutorial missions.

Seriously, "be up to the standards of a decade old Fat Old XBOX game that was good".

Friday the 13th now has a May 26, 2017 release date

Video has gameplay footage which is a lot of teenagers dying in horrible ways so technically NSFW

After playing the Kickstarter beta in December, I have mixed feelings. It has a tonne of potential, the atmosphere is great, the core gameplay is amazing, but there were a lot of game breaking bugs. Beyond that, there was a lot of clunkiness that needed cleaning up too. Like you could make Jason look like an idiot by jogging around a 3 foot high wooden roadside barrier. He couldn't just step over the barrier or slash over the barrier. It was hilarious and ridiculous all at once. Playing as Jason was largely frustrating but that's mostly down to me not being good at the game and partially down to the aforementioned clunky shit.

edit: and just like that, there was a dev post on their forums talking about how Jason can now break most fences in the game. Voila. 

On 1/27/2017 at 11:37 PM, J.T. said:

J.T. said nothing I'm referring to here, but the quote box bug strikes again.

I fooled around with the Star Citizen alpha for the first time in months.  I think I'll wait til it has more optimization and maybe a tutorial.

I have no love for the Friday the 13th series at all, and the game seems like the kind of murder tag that isn't really my thing. But I watched a Youtuber/twitch streamer that I like play the beta for a bit and it actually seems like a pretty good game that is going to please fans of the style.

I liked the way the in-game chat works where Jason would be able to hear the campers talking to each other when he got close. There was also a hilariously great movie monster moment where the streamer tried to hide in the closet and he is watching through some peephole as another dude is running around trying to avoid dying, then Jason walked up to the closet and murdered him through the door. That was wonderful.

It did seem a lot more fun to play as a camper than as Jason but he also was trying to figure out the controls as he goes. Running around like an idiot that doesn't know what he's doing is always going to be better suited to the victims than the killer.