DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Seriously, this looks like someone watched all of PTA's movies and said, these are fine, but I'd like to make them about twice as pretentious. 

Then triple that. 

I'M DOING MY OWN CINEMATOGRAPHY!

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

DEN OF THIEVES

Starring Gerard Butler and Curtis Jackson

This looks like entertaining trash, and they're literally lifting the final heist from GTA V and making it into a movie. 

My thoughts to the exact letter somehow magically exited out of my head and showed up in Dolfan's post.

This is GTA V:  The Movie.

There is a garbage truck theft prep mission, an armored car theft prep mission, and of course there is a scene in a gentleman's club.  The only thing missing is the balding, meth addicted, psychopathic Canadian arms dealer..

Gerald Butler has a tat that says Regulators so this fucking song had better be in this movie.

At least this movie won't be as pretentious as the shitty Triple 9 and has the common decency to say, "This movie has more things in common with video games than it does with realty.  Enjoy the strippers and gunfights, guys."

I will go see this in support of 50 Cent and Ice Cube's kid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another trailer for Bright (technically NSFW due to language)

For those that need a refresher

Will Smith, Joel Edgerton, Noomi Rapace

Director: David Ayer

Writer: Max Landis

I will admit. My spidey sense always goes off when I see the soundtrack promoted so heavily

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Writer: Max Landis

I will admit. My spidey sense always goes off when I see the soundtrack promoted so heavily

My Spidey sense told me to skip this as soon as Max Landis was attached to it in any way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

My Spidey sense told me to skip this as soon as Max Landis was attached to it in any way.

:blink:

Landis is hit or miss, but when he's on he's pretty good.  I've enjoyed his work on Channel Zero on Syfy as well as the stuff he's written for Masters of Horror. 

He also shares a writing credit with Josh Trank for Chronicle and that is one of my favorite movies..

We will do our best to ignore the combined existences of American Ultra and Victor Frankenstein.

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

And for that reason, I'm out

I'd love to see Stephen Ogg as Character That Is Trevor But Not Named Trevor in this movie but then you'd pretty much have to name this thing GTA 5:  The Movie.

With no meth addicted Canadian psychopathic arms dealer, there is at least one degree of separation that allows this movie to somewhat retain an identity of its own.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I, Tonya Red Band Trailer

Red Band for language

Margo Robbie, Sebastian Stan, Allison Janey

That may be the most frightening vidcap I have ever seen and it isn't a horror movie.

No shot of Robbie in a wedding dress in the trailer so at least they had the decency to not cover the Harding sextape nadir of her life.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

That may be the most frightening vidcap I have ever seen and it isn't a horror movie.

I think I watched the trailer the other day, and that vidcap is the most Tonya Harding that Margot can look like without letting herself go.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

PADDINGTON 2

Starring Hugh Grant, Brendan Gleeson, and Sally Hawkins

I honestly thought the first one was a massive flop, but it somehow made $268M. So, I guess we have this now. 

I never saw the first one, but I recall it getting fantastic reviews.

The Hugh Hefner biopic directed by Brett Ratner has been put on hold by Playboy due to the allegations against Ratner

Side tangent - the reports were that Jared Leto was to be Hugh Hefner but Leto's people say that he never agreed and that Leto will not be working with Ratner in the future

I just can't wrap my head around Woody Harrelson as LBJ. I, Tonya looks hilarious though. 

It's good to see Eric Andre get some mainstream work even if it's just a voice role.

EDIT: BTW, I have seen the Harding sex tape; it was on one of those Banned from Television tapes that I unfortunately rented at the video store (hey, I was young; we all make mistakes). The only thing more disgusting was the shot of a mother and her kid getting hit by a train and turning into a spinning ball of blood. 

Thomas Jane's description of what the plot of The Predator will be is... something

“We play these veterans from like Afghanistan, Iraq war or whatever,” said Jane. “But we’re all fucking crazy so we go to the VA hospital to get our meds. We’re all like shellshocked, PTSD… soldiers. We’re at the VA hospital and we’re in group therapy and of course, somebody flips out…this is backstory, I don’t think we really see this…somebody flips out and we all get arrested and get thrown onto the bus to go down to the hospital and they throw this other guy on the bus too. And he’s a guy they’ve actually marked to kill him because he’s seen a UFO, he’s seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics. They’re going to take that bus, drive it down to a ditch and shoot us all just to get rid of this one guy. But, of course, we take the bus over and we’re all like ‘f*ck that man, let’s go kill these f*cking Predators ourselves’ and we’re just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there’s these aliens out there.”

• Haha 1