DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

In the not surprising but not good for the whole "Dark Universe" thing

Bride of Frankenstein production has been postponed for script rewrites and will no longer be coming out February 14, 2019

Oh and apparently after talking him up - Javier Bardem is waiting to see what the fuck is going on before "committing to the movie"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

In other words: "The Mummy was a piece of shit. We need to rethink this whole thing, guys."

Seriously.

Maybe focus more on making one good movie and less on planning sequels, a trilogy, quadrilogy, shared universe, or any of the other long term cash grab bullshit.  Hollywood execs are such a risk-averse, greedy bunch.  "Everybody in Hollywood wants to be the second person to do something" is one of the greatest truisms I've ever heard about the industry.  All these guys want to get rich following the Marvel model but none of them understand that you need to build on quality films first, not just quantity.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 4:39 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

A Bob's Burgers movie has been announced for 2020.  I have no idea how to feel about this. I love the show, but movies are prototypical Jump The Shark moments.

That show has the most annoying voice acting in history. Is there even an audience for a movie of that? I don't see the appeal at all.

58 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

That show has the most annoying voice acting in history. Is there even an audience for a movie of that? I don't see the appeal at all.

I thought I was the only person who didn't like this show. It just comes off as an also-ran Adult Swim show that would have ended after one season.  The main actor's monotone is a black hole of comedy in everything I've heard him in with the exception of the Wet Hot American Summer shows.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I thought I was the only person who didn't like this show. It just comes off as an also-ran Adult Swim show that would have ended after one season.  The main actor's monotone is a black hole of comedy in everything I've heard him in with the exception of the Wet Hot American Summer shows.

tenor.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

On 10/8/2017 at 8:43 PM, HumanChessgame said:

tumblr_orcz9lpIYK1qmt01xo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Yeah, H. Jon Benjamin is pretty awesome. I think he's an awesome voice over guy. Dr. Katz, Family Guy, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Lucy the Daughter of the Devil.. I liked Jon Benjamin Has a Van, too. Apparently I'm in the minority on this board about liking Master of None, but I popped when he showed up on there.

To be fair - the original made 66 million worldwide on a 10 million budget (at least according to Box Office Mojo)

And this one supposedly is getting a release in China (the original didn't)

Plus they were able to get Frank Grillo and Iko Uwais????