DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So among the 22 movies I saw at the Toronto Film Festival, I only got really hyped about one of them: Lean On Pete.  I found clips online but don't think there is a bona fide trailer yet.  Quick synopsis that leaves out a lot of details and does not properly convey this movie's greatness: a 15-year-old boy is put in the position of having to support his family and gets a job at a low-level horse racetrack where basically if you can't win races you go to the glue factory.  Charlie Plummer plays the kid, Steve Buscemi plays a guy who owns a bunch of the horses and Chloe Sevigny plays a jockey.  No announced U.S. release date, but it'll be out in the UK next February.

3 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Charlie Plummer plays the kid, Steve Buscemi plays a guy who owns a bunch of the horses and Chloe Sevigny plays a jockey.  No announced U.S. release date, but it'll be out in the UK next February.

Certainly didn't think we'd get a Trees Lounge reunion in 2017

EDIT: Jesus, that came out 21 years ago?!

I missed this

Apparently Kenneth Branagh is going to direct an adaptation of the Artemis Fowl books (The movie will be a combination of the first two books)

And now Judi Dench is in talks to be in the movie too

It's release date for the moment is August 9, 2019

You do know we posted both of those trailers pages ago.

Even had a long ass discussion about how Ready Player One is going to infuriate us all.

(And yes - I watched the trailers to make sure they were the same exact ones).

You are getting this all in now aren't because you are going to have to work 18 hour shifts again after a certain UN speech today, aren't you?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You are getting this all in now aren't because you are going to have to work 18 hour shifts again after a certain UN speech today, aren't you?

I start Midnight to Eight on the 28th and I am on shift until the 12th of October! 

Thanks, Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump for destroying my circadian rhythm cycle for a third straight month and making me work on Columbus Day.

I apologize for hating your posts.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I start Midnight to Eight on the 28th and I am on shift until the 12th of October! 

Thanks, Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump for destroying my circadian rhythm cycle for a third straight month and making me work on Columbus Day.

I apologize for hating your posts.

Working 3rd shift on a holiday is loads of OT, my man. We have only worked 1 holiday this year and I was lucky it was on my day. 

The only thing Tomb Raider I see on this page is the teaser that RIPPA posted, and his post above it said the full trailer would be released tomorrow (today).

Also, I'm all in on that A Wrinkle in Time movie. Hell yeah.

34 minutes ago, Casey said:

The only thing Tomb Raider I see on this page is the teaser that RIPPA posted, and his post above it said the full trailer would be released tomorrow (today).

Looks like Warner Bros. had whatever someone put on social media took down and will officially release it tonight. Basically, it will be out any minute now.