DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Good lord that looks atrocious. I counted three, who were your picks?

Kristen Bell, Maya Rudolph, Vincent D'Onofrio, Jane Kaczmerek (not sure if she's in the trailer, but she's in the movie.)  And Ryan Hansen just flatout deserves better.

7 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Wouldn't a violent and serious version of Airwolf be Blue Thunder?

Chronologically, the television series, Airwolf, is a lighter version of the movie, Blue Thunder.  Some genius at CBS wanted to capitalize on the popularity of the Blue Thunder movie and decided that television needed a series featuring a bad ass attack helicopter.  He was right.

Then someone at one of the other networks saw Airwolf's ratings and decided that the best way to compete was to adopt Blue Thunder for television, but that didn't work out so well.

DVDVR Films is going to bring Airwolf to the big screen in a gloriously violent manner.  Fowler and I will discuss who we want to write the treatment.

I am totally fine with making a movie version of that Airwolf episode where all the dudes in wheelchairs were on a camping trip and a sniper was taking them all out.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Chronologically, the television series, Airwolf, is a lighter version of the movie, Blue Thunder.  Some genius at CBS wanted to capitalize on the popularity of the Blue Thunder movie and decided that television needed a series featuring a bad ass attack helicopter.  He was right.

Then someone at one of the other networks saw Airwolf's ratings and decided that the best way to compete was to adopt Blue Thunder for television, but that didn't work out so well.

DVDVR Films is going to bring Airwolf to the big screen in a gloriously violent manner.  Fowler and I will discuss who we want to write the treatment.

Don't forget, there was a Blue Thunder TV series, too.

• Like 1

I didn't. ;)

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 2:43 PM, RIPPA said:

If you haven't noticed - I tried to write what the movie is under the trailer (if one is posted) as that way folks can find it if they are using the search feature

For Example

Going In Style

Ugh, that looks worse than the CHiPs trailer. If you haven't seen the original you should, besides being a great flick it's a great time capsule of late 1970's america.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a big enough mark that Cube being in XXX may get me to rent it on Redbox.

Honestly though, the right and proper move would be to get Ice Cube in the Fast and Furious franchise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I'm not going to lie, I'm a big enough mark that Cube being in XXX may get me to rent it on Redbox.

Honestly though, the right and proper move would be to get Ice Cube in the Fast and Furious franchise.

I'm in for villain Ice Cube in F&F. 

No. You can't do a movie with Vin Diesel, The Rock, Ice Cube, Jason Statham, AND Ice-T.

Although, I would die laughing if Ice-T had a role as a cop and told someone "You goin' to Rikerth!" Hell, just play the same role from Law and Order SVU.