DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

I thought Scorsese and Leo were making Devil in the White City next? After reading the book, that is what I want to see.

The Irishman is suppose to shoot sometime this year. The only thing about The Devil in the White City news wise is it being announced and Leo probably starting in it. In terms of projects, it may come after The Irishman depending whatever the hell Scorsese is working on.  The Killers of the Flower Moon seems to be the new shiny toy so it may actually be more concrete than White City.

Edit: There is an article from December saying that he basically stopped meeting on White City while in post for Silence, and he was suppose to meet in January about if they wanted to get a script for it. It pretty much confirmed The Irishman is next on the slate.

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I refuse to watch that Blade Runner trailer unless I'm in the cinema, want to go into it as blind as possible (which is nigh on impossible these days)

I'm wondering if anyone has ever run out of a theater to avoid a trailer.  I was trying to go into Arrival completely blind last year and then they put a trailer for it in front of some other movie I was watching.  Had a brief half-second of panic, and then I was just like "Welp, guess I'm watching this trailer then."

They're de-aging Pacino and Deniro for The Irishman right? I was skeptical about the technology, but at least at Disney they've been crushing it in the Marvel movies. They've made huge advances since creepy 80s Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. When it's not the actual actors but stand-ins like in Rogue One, not so much. 

This is Hellboy's creator announcing a Hellboy reboot

I realize this might be in the comic book folder somewhere but that folder scares me now

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, (BP) said:

They're de-aging Pacino and Deniro for The Irishman right? I was skeptical about the technology, but at least at Disney they've been crushing it in the Marvel movies. They've made huge advances since creepy 80s Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. When it's not the actual actors but stand-ins like in Rogue One, not so much. 

Yup.

5 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I'm wondering if anyone has ever run out of a theater to avoid a trailer.  I was trying to go into Arrival completely blind last year and then they put a trailer for it in front of some other movie I was watching.  Had a brief half-second of panic, and then I was just like "Welp, guess I'm watching this trailer then."

I have a friend who will close his eyes and hold his ears if it's something he really wants to avoid.

After seeing the trailer for both Rough Night and Girls Trip roughly around the same time (about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago), can we determine that these are both the same film but with slight deviations in plot?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I would argue a stripper dying is more than a slight deviation

The rest you are correct on

Dude, the other film takes place in New Orleans and at the ESSENCE FESTIVAL. It's AT LEAST 60/40 that someone dies in that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Thom Yorke from Radiohead is scoring the Suspiria remake, which has completed production. 

Normally Thom Yorke and Suspiria would make me happy, but in the same sentence?  Hmm.  Radiohead is pretty awesome, but they're not Goblin.

Really don't have any ill will towards Radiohead/Yorke, but you can say that again. Maybe this will turn out completely awesome and we'll be wondering why we cared in the first place...

...or it could be a horrible disaster of epic proportions. There's no middle ground here.

Emoji Movie

This is going to make two trillion dollars and get like 95% on RT and completely torch my Blockbuster ballot and it will no longer be a world that I want to live in

Okay - I realized no one might get that joke but Meltzer is firmly in the camp that Riggs threw the match and that there was no way BJK could have won.

I can see all your shocked faces