DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Shane Salerno - who wrote Armageddon and Savages and supposedly all the Avatar sequels - has been tapped to do the screenplay for the Gears of War movie

The GoW movie will either be really great or it will be Syfy Saturday Afternoon kinds of bad.

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The GoW movie will either be really great or it will be Syfy Saturday Afternoon kinds of bad.

Somehow this post led me to iMDB to find out if the goobers who made Skyline ever made anything else.  Probably thinking about "movies released in theaters that really, REALLY should have been straight to cable."  The answer is no, they went back to visual effects work.  A perfect example of "stay in your lane."

Blade Runner 2049 Posters

Harrison Ford:

Spoiler

SWZfYfN.jpg

Ryan Gosling

Spoiler

kKFjnJu.jpg

Be on the lookout, the trailer is probably coming very soon.  PLEASE don't suck... 

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Blade Runner 2049 Posters

Harrison Ford:

Reveal hidden contents

SWZfYfN.jpg

Ryan Gosling

Reveal hidden contents

kKFjnJu.jpg

Be on the lookout, the trailer is probably coming very soon.  

I would assume attached to the King Arthur movie next week or no later than Wonder Woman.

Also, even though it would be for a Fox distributed film coming out that week, releasing the same week as Alien: Covenant would make the most sense.

Shit, I'd love to catch a double bill of Alien: Covenant and Blade Runner 2049. Just walk out of one theater and into another. I've never done that and if they happen to be in the theater at the same time, I might just try and convince some friends to do that with me.

Another Rough Night Trailer (the Red Band is for the language)

This would have fucking wrecked a lot of folks if it had ended up in the Blockbuster Pool

...and that trailer led me to this trailer. RED RED RED RED RED BAND for a reason

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

featuring Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, John Hawkes, and Peter Dinklage

Dir. Martin McDonagh (of the fantastic In Bruges and the fantastic Seven Psychopaths) 

Like I said, NSFW for Language and Violence and Behavior Unbecoming of Reasonable People

EDIT: AND CLARKE PETERS!!!

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well, so much for my double feature idea

And speaking of split second cameos like in the trailer I posted, did I just see Big Dave?

In Blade Runner - yes, yes you did

Doug Liman said the Edge of Tomorrow sequel will be called Live Die Repeat and Repeat

And then he basically said they would shoot it when they can fit it into Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt's schedule

So it's never getting made

56 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think it looks great but I wonder if Ford will be mailing it in. 

I am more wondering if the over/under on Ford screen time should be set at 20 minutes

Although it looks The Irishman is clearly next, Martin Scorsese along with De Niro and DiCaprio are working on a film adaptation of The Killers of the Flower Moon. Eric Roth is writing the script for it. 

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am more wondering if the over/under on Ford screen time should be set at 20 minutes

If I'm Harrison Ford and they wanted my geriatric ass to run, that's an extra million to my salary just to cover the embarrassment and hassle.

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

And speaking of split second cameos like in the trailer I posted, did I just see Big Dave?

You did, and he says he thinks its better than the first.