DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I was just about to say, well, there's the whole movie. Although I'm sure that just like Jurassic Park 2, there will be stuff on the mainland somehow, but with MORE dinosaurs, or something. 

And man, this looks like dogshit. At least the trailer does. As usual, I want the movie to be good. When I see shit like Pratt being reminded of Blue and then a flashback to him training the raptor, I immediately check out.

I thought the rumour coming out of World was dinosaurs being weaponized like they hinted at in that movie. I guess this could be the bridge to that and act as the explanation in how they get them off the island but, yeah, this is fucking dumb and it makes me sad. 

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Once you've escaped from an island full of fucking dinosaurs, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO BACK~?

ALSO, if you need to rescue these dinosaurs (and I don't know why the fuck the US government wants to rescue them except for the USE DEM AS WEPONZ angle) then why the FUCK are sending back a bunch of jabronis instead of, I don't know, the US military?!

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

ALSO, if you need to rescue these dinosaurs (and I don't know why the fuck the US government wants to rescue them except for the USE DEM AS WEPONZ angle) then why the FUCK are sending back a bunch of jabronis instead of, I don't know, the US military?!

Please do not give DARPA any ideas.

Aw come on, right up until the hamster ball went over the cliff, that trailer was on track for an Oscar.  BWAHAHAHA.  I really want to like it, may even go see it, but that trailer doesn't leave me much hope.

I think ya'll are asking for a little too much from a movie about lab born dinosaurs that reside in a theme park on a secluded island. This isn't being presented like The King's Speech or some shit - it's a big, dumb summer action movie.

Speaking of big dumb summer movies

A fuller trailer for Ready Player One

I see they made a deal with Blizzard since I definitely saw Tracer in there. (She was running with Chun Li)

Oof.  Just watched the trailer...and I'm already annoyed that they included the original Gundam in it and has it do stuff that it can't do at all.  The original Gundam can't fly in an atmosphere; they had to build add-ons or have it ride on basically souped up space jets (depending on if it's TV or movie version).

• Like 1

All the fanservice references don't bother me as much as it bothers me that this seems to be, beat by beat, scene by scene a lazy pasting together of scenes from every dystopian sci-fi and YA franchise of the last 15 years.  If you told me it was written by Marlon Wayans and was called "Divergent Mortal Blade Maze Runners get Hungry at the Ender's Giver's games in ELysium" Id be like "yeah, l see that."

• Like 4

So they seem to have removed 

Spoiler

Oklahoma City

from the plot as well, not that it really plays into anything. More interesting that 

Spoiler

Art3mis

plays a much bigger part. 

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of big dumb summer movies

A fuller trailer for Ready Player One

I see they made a deal with Blizzard since I definitely saw Tracer in there. (She was running with Chun Li)

Looks like they also made a deal with Toho since he's riding Kaneda's custom motorcycle from AKIRA in once scene.

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Looks like they also made a deal with Toho since he's riding Kaneda's custom motorcycle from AKIRA in once scene.

Yeah - that was in the first trailer

I need to re-read the book but I don't think that was in the book but again License issues are completely going to change that

In addition to... well making the plot totally Hollywood