DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

“We play these veterans from like Afghanistan, Iraq war or whatever,”

*inhales* *loud cough*

“But we’re all fucking crazy so we go to the VA hospital to get our meds. We’re all like shellshocked, PTSD… soldiers. We’re at the VA hospital and we’re in group therapy and of course, somebody flips out… you want any of this man? Okay. Well, this is, like, backstory, I don’t think we really see this…

*inhales*

...somebody flips out and we all get arrested and get thrown onto the bus to go down to the hospital and they throw this other guy on the bus too. And he’s a guy... this guy... this guy they’ve actually marked to kill him because he’s seen, like, a UFO, he’s seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics. They’re going to take that bus, drive it down to a ditch and shoot us all -- bang, bang, bang! -- just to get rid of this one guy. But, of course, we take the bus over and we’re all like ‘f*ck that man, let’s go kill these f*cking Predators ourselves’ and we’re just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there’s these aliens out there. So what do you think, man?”

*lighter flicks*

Image result for brad pitt true romance

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You know what would be cool? If soldiers are sent on a rescue mission in Burma or wherever the fuck and discover that the people they were sent to rescue have already been killed and the people who were holding those people captive are also dead. Then the team of soldiers is murdered as well by a Predator, which is captured on video.

The Pentagon then calls up motherfuckin' Dutch because the thing captured on video and the ways the soldiers were getting killed is similar to the way Dutch described the event in the jungle from decades ago.

Dutch and a new team of soldiers are sent out to kill the Predator.

THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO FUCKING DO. IT FUCKING WRITES ITSELF.

It's amazing that for decades one writer or director after another has completely fucked up Predators and even Xenos to a lesser extent. This shit should be easy! And yet, it's just one shitshow after another.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EVA said:

I didn't mean it to be shocking.  Just saying that the insane rambling in that quote is par for the course for him, from what I'm told, but the source is coke, not weed. Just a clarification.  #DTVinsider

No, I wasn't aiming anything at you. I believe you. If anything, I'm saying that makes sense.

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Sherlock Gnomes

Oh dear lord...

At some point in time, much to the lament of parents worldwide, some studio exec at Touchstone remembered that Gnomeo and Juliet had a global box office gross of close to two hundred million dollars.

The Post

Director: Steven Spielberg

Meryl Streep as Katharine Graham

Tom Hanks as Ben Bradlee

Phil Rippa as man way too giddy about a movie about the Pentagon Papers

There are some Vietnam vets here at the office that have been talking about that movie for months and they went apeshit when the trailer went online.. 

One guy here downloaded all of the Pentagon Papers documents from the National Declassification Center the second they were made available in 2011 and he's still reading through them.   He is the local authority in our office for all things "Secret War In Laos."

The full set of documents are available in several PDF format files.

You can download them from here!

It is very sad how hot and cold that Vietnam vets run as far as discussion of  the war goes.   For some men, that's all they talk about and for men like my dad, they never ever talk about what happened or the things they experienced...

• Like 2

My grandfather never, ever talked about his experiences in Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal, not to me or his wife and children. After his passing my uncle says the only thing he ever told him about it was that he had to identify his dead comrades by their tattoos sometimes for obvious reasons (he was an artillery gunner btw). 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 1:10 PM, RIPPA said:

All the Money in the World

Director: Ridley Scott

Starring: Michelle Williams, [EDIT!] Kevin Spacey, Mark Wahlberg, Romain Duris, Charlie Plummer and Timothy Hutton

About the Getty kidnapping (for you young folks)

Ridley Scott has cut Kevin Spacey out of the movie and Christopher Plummer has been brought in to re-shoot all of his part as John Paul Getty.  

The movie is still scheduled to be released 12/22. 

Hostiles

Director: Scott Cooper

Christian Bale, Rosamund Pike, Ben Foster

You can tell they really really really wanted to call this Savages but someone talked it them out of it

I'm a sad, sad man and will watch this because I watch nearly anything with Coach Er...Kyle Chandler in it, Sharon Horgan from Catastrophe is in it, Meth Damon is in it, and I really like Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams.

Man, that's a great cast. This movie can't be THAT bad. Surely it must be better than, like, The House.