DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

32 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Apparently when she first read the script, Margot Robbie didn't know Tonya Harding was a real person and it was based on a real story.

I find that funnier than I probably should.

Margot Robbie would have been like 4 years old when that happened, man. And she didn't even live on the continent where it was the biggest deal.

I've been looking forward to Disaster Artist since they were filming at a local theatre (One that actually does show The Room monthly). 

I had a feeling some would dislike the Current War, with Edison being the protagonist.

Call Me By Your Name is getting some hubbub also because of James Woods' utter disapproval of it (having a problem with the 24-17 ages of the lovers), despite as it turns out, him hitting on 16 year olds while in his 50s (as reported by Amber Tamblyn). 

I feel old seeing Joaquin Phoenix portrayed as "middle-aged". I still remember Leaf Phoenix, dammit.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

THE COMMUTER

Starring Liam Neeson and Vera Farmiga

Red Flag... January release date

So apparently between this and the Deep Throat movie he's trying to hedge his bets on the future of his career?

"What kind of person are you?" I'd tell her "lady, fuck off" and start reading this board on my phone but that's just me

The Shape of Water (latest from Guillermo del Toro)

This legit might be the tamest Red Band Trailer ever.

Only reason I can see why it was Red Band was because a F-Bomb is dropped

Red Sparrow

The Jennifer Lawrence movie not directed by her boyfriend

Also starring: Joel Edgerton, Matthias Schoenaerts, Charlotte Rampling, Mary-Louise Parker and Jeremy Irons.

All the Money in the World

Director: Ridley Scott

Starring: Michelle Williams, Kevin Spacey, Mark Wahlberg, Romain Duris, Charlie Plummer and Timothy Hutton

About the Getty kidnapping (for you young folks)

21 hours ago, Casey said:

Margot Robbie would have been like 4 years old when that happened, man. And she didn't even live on the continent where it was the biggest deal.

And to be fair, the whole thing was pretty goddamn surreal. It reminds me of watching the OJ Simpson mini-series and how my stepkids, who are 13 and 14, saw some of it and thought there was no way any of that stuff actually happened. Prosecutors having heart attacks during the trial, Johnny Cochran telling Christopher Darden, "N**** please", all of the Mark Fuhrman stuff, etc. They thought it was just some wacky new show we were watching. If you didn't live through stuff like OJ and Harding it's easy to see why someone who didn't would think it didn't actually happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

All the Money in the World

Director: Ridley Scott

Starring: Michelle Williams, Kevin Spacey, Mark Wahlberg, Romain Duris, Charlie Plummer and Timothy Hutton

About the Getty kidnapping (for you young folks)

Well, Ridley... I'm in. It better be better than Covenant though

4 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

John Wick/Equalizer teamup where punch/kick/stab/shoot/judo the entire country of Russia.

Hell, throw Taken and Jack Reacher in there and make it the Throat-Punching Expendables