DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

That is scarily accurate. I'm surprised this is an HBO movie. It almost sounds like perfect Oscar fodder for Pacino. He's playing someone that's the total opposite of the sum of his other roles. The academy eats shit like shit up.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

That is scarily accurate. I'm surprised this is an HBO movie. It almost sounds like perfect Oscar fodder for Pacino. He's playing someone that's the total opposite of the sum of his other roles. The academy eats shit like shit up.

Pacino and De Niro are trying their best to get an Emmy for Limited Series/TV movie. That's a much easier path than categories that might be loaded with actual contenders. Pacino was nominated for playing Phil Spector. De Niro was just nominated for playing Bernie Madoff in Wizard of Lies. And these weren't even critically acclaimed TV movies up to par with HBO. Plus, they love working with folks like Barry Levinson, David Mamet, Taylor Hackford (BTW I watched The Comedian last night...ok movie), and all these old directors who really are not hot enough career wise to direct a wide release theatrical film and haven't been in years.   

19 hours ago, Craig H said:

I could swear that I read that whoever he lived with in the stacks (name escapes me at the moment) that they took all of his food. I need to get that book back from the library.

I've already read it 2-3 times and I honestly don't remember his weight coming up one way or the other. Personally I imagined him on the thin side due to the food shortages and general crapsack-world nature of the story's US. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

BUSHWICK 

Starring Brittney Snow and Big Dave~

That actually looks pretty entertaining and if the music in the trailer is any indication, the score by Aesop Rock could be a must-stream.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Every actor in big glasses and old man makeup looks like Johnny Knoxville to me

Damn. I'm never going to look at people in old man makeup the same ever again.

• Like 1

There's more: the film also features Hannibal Buress, Alison Brie, Sharon Stone (?!), Melanie Griffith (?!?!), Megan Mullally, Kate Upton (?!?!!!), Judd Apatow, Brett Gelman, among others and...

And it received a standing ovation at SXSW. So yeah, this is gonna be interesting.

53 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Dark Tower has been announced to have a run time of 95 minutes.  

Oh my god is this going to be a disaster. 

This is just a ploy to get people to watch the TV series.