DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It could be about the rise and fall of Midway Games.

Are you implying they should star a shared universe starting with Rampage?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I will most likely be the only person in North America that buys a ticket to that movie

Hey - I would if I could afford to go to more than just whatever the current Star Wars movie is a year

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hey - I would if I could afford to go to more than just whatever the current Star Wars movie is a year

I have already had the "I didn't know it was based on something that old!" talk with my daughter when she found my stack of Valérian et Laureline graphic novels in the man cave, so I know it will be a nerd field trip of one to the movies that afternoon.

She also found my sole issue of Gunnm and loves the idea of an ass kicking girl cyborg, so she may be all in for the Battle Angel Alita joint.  Hopefully the movie will come out when my daughter is still a kid.

I'm checking out Valerian. Never read any of the comics, but I recall seeing the 07 cartoon which was fun enough.

I'll also probably check out Alita if its actually happening despite never reading the manga or seeing the anime.

Boss Baby is getting a sequel - which isn't really that surprising considering how well it did

Right now it has a March 26, 2021 release date

My proudest moment as an uncle so far has been my 4 year old niece seeing an ad for Boss Baby and saying "Oh god, this looks so stupid."

You're gonna do alright kid. 

• Like 4

LOGAN LUCKY

Directed by: Steven Soderbergh

Starring: Channing Tatum, Adam Driver, Daniel Craig, Riley Keough, Seth MacFarlane, Katherine Waterson, Katie Holmes, and Hilary Swank

“The Guest” director Adam Wingard has been tapped to take the reigns of  “Godzilla vs. Kong.”

Terry Rossio is writing the film — a part of Legendary and Warner Bros.’ “MonsterVerse.” The announcement comes on the heels of “Kong: Skull Island” scoring at the box office with $565.6 million worldwide. The studios are prepping another sequel, “Godzilla: King of the Monsters,” with Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, and Vera Farmiga on board to star.

As the title suggests, the film will pit the two massive monsters against each other. It’s still unknown at this time whether the stars of either “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” or “Skull Island” will be reprising their roles in “Godzilla vs. Kong.”

“Godzilla vs. Kong” roars into theaters on May 22, 2020.

The studios announced in late 2015 that all future “King Kong” and “Godzilla” movies.

FUCK YEAH, ADAM WINGARD~!

We already know from the Skull Island joint that Kong is the babyface of the monster world so Godzilla is obviously going to be the heel in this movie. 

If Wingard is allowed to use the Shin Godzilla incarnation in the feature, I may die in the theater.