DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Simon Kinberg's listed as the director on IMDB. There was some talk a few months ago about him directing the next Fantastic Four, so it's not totally out of the blue, but it'll be his first time in the chair.

I am an Agatha Christie mark, so I will totally sit through Branagh's Murder On The Orient Express Redux so long as it is set in the original period.

If Hercule checks a smart phone at any point in a future trailer, I'm out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Simon Kinberg's listed as the director on IMDB. There was some talk a few months ago about him directing the next Fantastic Four, so it's not totally out of the blue, but it'll be his first time in the chair.

Makes a decent amount of sense, he's been more or less steering the franchise for years, might as well give him a shot.

Posted in the wrestling sub-forum also

TriStar Pictures is getting into the ring for a biopic about WWE chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.

The studio is in negotiations for the highly-sought-after Pandemonium, which has Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, who direct and executive produce the hit television drama This Is Us, in talks to direct. Craig A. Williams wrote the script, and Andrew Lazar, who produced American Sniper, is producing the project along with Michael Luisi, president of WWE Studios, and Adam Goldworm of Aperture Entertainment. Charlie Gogolak of Zaftig Films will executive produce.

Pandemonium first hit the Hollywood mat last summer but studios hesitated. While the script scored high points, WWE and McMahon had not blessed it and companies didn't want to antagonize a powerful entity. When Lazar secured McMahon's life rights, the package in recent weeks made the rounds again and studios were ready to rumble. Multiple parties were interested, but sources say that TriStar went all out in their pitch (even decorating their offices with WWE regalia). Hannah Minghella and Nicole Brown will oversee for TriStar.

McMahon, known for his iconic showmanship, created the national sensation and obsession that is known as World Wrestling Entertainment, aka WWE.

After being raised by his mother and a series of stepfathers in North Carolina, McMahon first got into wresting through his father Vincent J. McMahon, who was a promoter for Capitol Wrestling Corporation. He shadowed his father (whom he didn't meet until he was 12 years old) when he was a teen and, after college, made his debut as an in-ring announcer in 1969 working for his father’s World Wide Wrestling Federation (later called World Wrestling Federation) promotion. He spent years as a very successful promoter and commentator for TV matches.

He founded his own company, Titan Sports, in 1979, and soon after acquired his father's company (which was later renamed WWE due to a trademark dispute). He ruffled feathers in the industry by starting to promote his company nationally at a time when wrestling organizations were regional and worked under an understanding that they would not invade each other’s territories.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Indiana Jones 5 =  July 10, 2020

And Shia LaBeouf's name is mysteriously (conspicuously?) absent from the press releases.

Somewhere, The Natural smiles and nods in approval.

Shia's been married to Mia Goth for about a year now, so I also have reasons to hate the guy.

According to Variety - David Fincher has agreed to become the director of World War Z 2

Also Glass - the sequel to Split and, spoiler alert, Unbreakable will be out Jan 19, 2019.

That one was announced by M. Night Shyamalan himself on Twitter

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

According to Variety - David Fincher has agreed to become the director of World War Z 2

Ha! I hope he totally Alien 3's that goddamn property. Like, we get Brad Pitt eaten in the first ten minutes and from there on out it's just governments nuking cities filled with zombies. 

12 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ha! I hope he totally Alien 3's that goddamn property. Like, we get Brad Pitt eaten in the first ten minutes and from there on out it's just governments nuking cities filled with zombies. 

Maybe this time they only eat sick people and by the end the world is disease free and the zombies become baby faces. 

• Like 2

On 4/28/2017 at 8:19 AM, (BP) said:

As long as the other guy is The Rock I'm in. 

That's pretty much the only way it would work, but Rock would have to be in the Candy role and Hart in the Akroyd.

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Maybe they're trying to nuke Idris' chances at being the next James Bond. Or it's the test run. I'm sure studio execs could see it either way

I highly doubt this could hinder or help his chances. The producers seem dead set on having Craig continue on as much he doesn't want to. What's funny is that all the guys being considered as "in the running" have much better careers than Craig outside of his run as 007. 

• Like 1

Since he started as Bond, his only real stabs at another big box office hit have been the American version of GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO and COWBOYS AND ALIENS.  They did not exactly set the world on fire.  Everything else has been smaller films, voice acting, and cameo-type stuff.