DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If Rodriguez is making this version, will it feature Lucha Underground characters instead of Ox Baker?

Paul London's recent real head wound looks more gruesome than anything from Ox's fight scene. But wouldn't those characters be better suited for a reboot of Escape From LA?

20 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If Rodriguez is making this version, will it feature Lucha Underground characters instead of Ox Baker?

I feel like AAA would still send them a threatening letter

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I figure it would be a LU character, like Matanza, although it should be Penta 0M.

I think Pentagon's more likely to lose to the Snake Tribe than he is to Snake Plissken.

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

With Ricky Banderas as Ricky Banderas

• Like 1

They got a professional wrestler whose job it is to create character that solves things on television through violent confrontation to voice the character of a children's book that was once accused of promoting passive civil disobedience. 

Irony.

Poor Rooney Mara.  First Dragon Tattoo, then Side Effects, and now Ghost Story.  I'll bet she'd kill to get a script for a movie where she didn't play a crazy person.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:31 AM, EVA said:

NEW EDGAR WRIGHT AT LAST

It was announced at CinemaCon that Baby Driver is being moved to June 28.

Also in animated films centered around a bull news, STX Entertainment is developing an animated film where Eddie Murphy voices a bull trying to become a rodeo clown.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Wreck It Ralph Sequel will be titled "Ralph Breaks the Internet"

EDIT: Release date is March 9, 2018

Oh boy... I am a LOT less enthusiastic about this.

20 minutes ago, Roman said:

The credits?

Spoiler

Escape from NY: Plissken switches the tapes because the President comes off as a thankless jerk. Instead of talk of nuclear fission from the Hartford Summit, we get Cabbie's bandstand music playing while the President stands there with egg on his face. Yeah, that's a bit bad, but they can get other tape. That the President survived at all could be played up in that world in the days to come after the credits rolled. He's the one that Escaped From New York. That's a re-electable tough guy right there.

The real losers are who? Cabbie, Brain, Maggie and a handful of bad guys.

Escape from LA: Plissken activates the World Code, which is basically a global EMP, mainly because he's a survivalist that doesn't need most society trappings, but also because the President's a heartless jerk willing to kill his own daughter to look good in the public. A fake tough re-electable guy, so to speak.

The real losers are who? Pretty much everyone on the planet that likes to use anything with electricity, and still thinks their own little worlds are safe because everyone that's "bad" had already been shipped to places like NY or LA.

Escape From L.A. has an even bleaker, more catastrophic ending than New York. It works, given the dystopian nature of the flicks.

But of course NY was better. If nothing else, fighting Ox Baker is a lot more dramatic and dangerous looking than having to take 5 shots on a basketball court.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Full Trailer

Watched this trailer with Xavi, and right when it was halfway through he said "This looks very Mass Effect". And then the logo came up:

valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-plan

Mass-Effect-logo.png

10 hours ago, EVA said:

Much like ANT MAN, I'm just never going to be able to watch that movie without thinking of how much better the original director would've done.

Oh, the Ant-Man movie we got was perfectly fine.

The similarities between Valerian and Mass Effect should end at the titles.  I suppose both are more or less space operas, but I seem to remember Valerian's adventures being a lot more batshit insane than anything in the MEU.