DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Youth in Oregon

Eventually Frank Langella is no longer going to be in movies and I am going to be sad

Holy crap, I watched The Ninth Gate last month on IFC and saw Dracula on SHO On Demand and marveled at how king sized Frank Langella was. 

I do not want to think about him not being in movies right now.

Variety is saying that Tim Burton is doing a live action Dumbo with Will Smith as the lead.

They are now saying that Tom Hanks has been offered the role of the villain

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Variety is saying that Tim Burton is doing a live action Dumbo with Will Smith as the lead.

So Disney has run out of ideas and is doing live versions of its animated classics.

I await the Disney XD premier of the animated versions of The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and Now You See It, Now You Don't.

5 minutes ago, zev said:

@RIPPA It was whatever trailer was on the Kimmel show last night.

That one came from Fallon. I have to assume they both got the same one otherwise that is a weird ass level to detail

So I can assume that if they're going to remake movies out of old TV shows, they're not going to play it straight and going to make it screwball since 21 Jumpstreet did decently.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Nothing about this post sounds like a good idea unless Hanks will be David S Pumpkins.

I couldn't even finish watching the trailer for CHiPs, it should def be a front runner from many Razzies but who knows what else the year may bring.

• Like 1

Man, I love Michael Pena, but it just looks like he's in this for the paycheck.  This is the Bizarro World version of his work in End of Watch.

I can only imagine how heartbroken Eric Estrada must feel right now.

I am going to call a DVDVR Films board meeting.

In order to buck this trend of making dumb comedy movies out of 80's and 90's television shows, we will buy the rights to the television show, Airwolf, and make a motion picture that is ridiculously violent and serious..

There will be no moments of levity.  Lots of mother fuckers are going to get rocketed to death.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Good lord that looks atrocious. I counted three, who were your picks?

Are you counting Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell as one because it seems like they are a package deal now

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Are you counting Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell as one because it seems like they are a package deal now

I don't even know who those people are haha. Guess I'm out of the loop. My picks were Isiah Whitlock Jr. (obviously), the gal from SNL who I cannot remember the name of, and what looked like a cameo from Idris Elba. 

EDIT: Maya Rudolph. Vincent D'Onofrio is in this too? And also, Vida Guerra?! And iMDB reminded me who Kristen Bell is

42 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Good lord that looks atrocious. I counted three, who were your picks?

Vincent D'Onofro

Michael Pena (obviously)

Isiah Whitlock Jr

Rose Salazar (who is probably the SNL gal that Curt can't remember)

Jesus tap dancing Christ.  That trailer was so filled with latent and blatant homophobia they actually had to fucking acknowledge it.  

Dax Sheppard seems to get a pass from everyone because he did Idiocracy, but that looks breathtakingly awful. 

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jesus tap dancing Christ.  That trailer was so filled with latent and blatant homophobia they actually had to fucking acknowledge it.  

Dax Sheppard seems to get a pass from everyone because he did Idiocracy, but that looks breathtakingly awful. 

Yeah, just ridiculous.

And I don't really care what anyone else thinks, Idiocracy got like one total laugh out of me. On top of that I even had an, er, medicinal reason to laugh... but didn't. No wonder I didn't know who Dax Sheppard was!