DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If you haven't noticed - I tried to write what the movie is under the trailer (if one is posted) as that way folks can find it if they are using the search feature

For Example

Going In Style

• Like 1

The full Cars 3 trailer will debut during the National Championship game.

I was gonna say that seemed like an odd time but then I remembered the Disney/ESPN connection

The trailer for Despicable Me 3:

My daughter is 14 and has outgrown Minions.  I am so very grateful that.

Looking forward to when this comes out, I think that Wonder Woman and The Mummy are the only movies in June 2017 I am interested in.

Judging only by the titles, there is some bad-looking stuff this summer for sure.  Captain Underpants, Bad Dads (the next step in the Bad Moms franchise!), The Emoji Movie, and this Blazing Samurai movie which based on the poster appears to be a Kung Fu Panda ripoff except with a cat.

2 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Judging only by the titles, there is some bad-looking stuff this summer for sure.  Captain Underpants, Bad Dads (the next step in the Bad Moms franchise!), The Emoji Movie, and this Blazing Samurai movie which based on the poster appears to be a Kung Fu Panda ripoff except with a cat.

After listening to NPR on the way home from work yesterday, not only was I surprised that the Captain Underpants movie was a thing, the books have a huge following that have been waiting YEARS for a movie adaptation.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Founder

I legit thought this was already out but I guess not until 1/20

It is/was out.  It did its one week run in NY/LA in mid-December to get award-eligible.   There was some talk that Nick Offerman might get a nod for playing one of the McDonald brothers. 

000245322.jpg

CG I guess based on literally the only photo that has ever been released of it.

It was originally supposed to come out this month but Boss Baby took its release date so now it is June 2017

Having just watched the Alien Covenant trailer, I think I'm the only person going into this just wanting answers about the Engineers/their homeworld/what happened/why they wanted to wipe us out rather than to watch an Alien film per se.

Although having watched that glimpse I reckon that the Aliens we know and love were actually created by David using the knowledge he accrued in Prometheus

6 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Although having watched that glimpse I reckon that the Aliens we know and love were actually created by David using the knowledge he accrued in Prometheus

That makes so much sense it should probably be spoilered. Then again, they might make everything a whole lot more convoluted just because. 

14 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Having just watched the Alien Covenant trailer, I think I'm the only person going into this just wanting answers about the Engineers/their homeworld/what happened/why they wanted to wipe us out rather than to watch an Alien film per se.

I know I'd much rather see a sequel picking up from where Pormetheus left off. . .