DVDVR Message Board

2017 UK DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

24 minutes ago, The Z said:

14. Will be determined between Jody Fleisch and Pete Dunne in London on 1/28

Wow, Fleisch is still around? I remember seeing him at one of the early CZW BOTB's. He and Bobby Quance were awesome at that show. 

**edit** 

Oops, I for some reason combined the '02 and '04 shows. Still, they were great on those two nights. 

19 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Wow, Fleisch is still around? I remember seeing him at one of the early CZW BOTB's. He and Bobby Quance were awesome at that show. 

**edit** 

Oops, I for some reason combined the '02 and '04 shows. Still, they were great on those two nights. 

Oh yeah, we were just talking about him and Jonny Storm in the 2016 version of this thread. They are both still around, but get rarely booked for some reason. Of the more popular British promotions Revolution Pro is the only one that books them from time to time. From what I've seen of them they are still pretty good, though. I doubt Fleisch will get picked over Pete Dunne, though.

This is the 16 Carat League by the way, in case you were wondering:

0218_WLW_Tour_2017_Road_to_16_Carat_Gold

There's probably a 90% chance the winner will be Da Mack since he has gained a little bit of international fame by being in the CWC. I would prefer Chris Colen, though

11 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Not gonna lie, I am sure that match will be fine but now I am just mad that no one has booked Eddie Kingston vs Phil Margera. That seems like a match that I am legit shocked has not already been booked by PWS.

I'd like to see Eddie Kingston knock Bam Margera the fuck out.

• Like 2

Sigh, Pete Dunne was supposed to wrestle Matt Riddle at IPW:UK this Sunday and they just announced the match is off, because WWE doesn't want their guys to appear on FloSlam. I guess this one of the downsides of the WWE UK deal.

As of now Chris Hero is on both EVOLVE shows Rumble weekend which are on FloSlam so it reads more like IPW isn't an approved fed than specifically a FloSlam thing

Next show to watch out for as far as this issue is concerned will be wXw in London next weekend.

The show is supposed to air a few days later on FloSlam and they have three WWE guys in two matches. They have Dunne vs. Fleisch in the 16 Carat Qualifier and A4 vs. Mustache Mountain in the Tag Title Match. They also have Marty Scurll vs. Axel Dieter Jr. in the Main Event and ROH doesn't want their guys on FloSlam either AFAIK, so wXw could be left with almost nothing to air on FloSlam.

Pete Dunne's replacement on the IPW:UK show is Ryan Smile, who is SUPER GREAT.

There's so much weird stuff going on in the UK (and across the indies, I guess) at the moment. Things will settle but for now it's all up in the air.

I'm going to RevPro on Saturday, which looks like this at the moment...

NJPW vs WWN, Unattached vs ROH, NJPW vs WWE, WWE vs ROH/NJPW, Unattached vs ROH?, TNA vs WWE!

Wrestling is weird.

• Like 2

Here is what Dave put in yesterday's update

As noted earlier today, Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews and Trent Seven were pulled by WWE from a live podcast taping in London next weekend. The booking of the guests were made months ago, long before there were any plans by WWE to sign U.K. talent or do the tournament. Eddie Dennis, Chris Brookes, Doug Williams, Jonny Storm and Jody Fleisch will replace them.

IPW UK announced for its Sunday show in Rochester, England, that Pete Dunne would do a dark match against Tom Dawkins since he can't air on Flo Sports, and Ryan Smile will replace Dunne in the main event against Matt Riddle. Joseph Conners is also off the show and will be replaced by Adam Maxted.

WWE did not pull talent (Trent Seven and Pete Dunne) from Saturday’s Revolution Pro show. Seven faces TNA’s Trevor Lee while Dunne faces NJPW’s Yoshi-Hashi. The show isn’t on FloSlam nor will it air live, but there are some basic parameters:

WWE contracted talent will be permitted to perform for certain promotions, but the events cannot be distributed (televised, streamed, transmitted or taped) unless authorized. It is said that all talent was told this before signing deals, and is in all of their contracts.

Some of the WWE U.K. contracted talent is being brought next week to San Antonio.

Kurt Angle was pulled from the 5-Star Show

Angle along with Bate, Dunne and Andrews are supposedly going to San Antonio - whether they appear at the Rumble is a different story