DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

2017 UK DISCUSSION THREAD

maciej    99

Man do we need better indie wrestling venues though. It was hot as a motherfucker with as many people as were in there for Progress with super long lines for water and one very inconveniently placed water fountain. Looked like one dude fainted for a sec during the TK injury stuff. And it wasn't even super hot in New York today, if it was 90+ like for the Tier 1 show in June it would have been impossible.

Oyaji    2,977

I saw a photo of TK in a cast laid up on a hospital bed. Terrible luck for SPPC this year. Dahlia's ankle, visa issues, and now this.

hammerva    1,686

So while by most accounts the Progress show last night was great in the ring, the big story is someone seriously overbooked the building which wasn't air conditioned and apparently not properly supplied with food and water either.  A couple people passed out from heat exhaustion.  Lots of debate about whether this is just whining or a serious issue

It really stresses the need for more affordable buildings to run wrestling shows in New York City.  Or just run shows in Jersey

Raziel403    3,756

I was gonna say just stop running shows in NYC.  The rent isn't coming down anywhere in the 5 boroughs, so you might as well run stuff outside the city.  It's not like there's a shortage of buildings in the NY Metro area.

Also, this trope of indy guys hitting Pedigrees on WWE Contracted guys is getting kinda old.

Oyaji    2,977

There were some issues with the car rental place too. Havoc tweeted out that they were all stuck in NYC trying to get to Boston. 

Pete    9,236
16 hours ago, hammerva said:

So while by most accounts the Progress show last night was great in the ring, the big story is someone seriously overbooked the building which wasn't air conditioned and apparently not properly supplied with food and water either.  A couple people passed out from heat exhaustion.  Lots of debate about whether this is just whining or a serious issue

I've been to the Elmcor Center before... I forget if it has A/C or not, but both shows I've seen there were fairly sparsely attended so it wouldn't have been as big an issue. It was really nice in NYC on Saturday - high of only 78 - and I can't imagine how horrific it would've been if it was another 15-20 degrees warmer. As great as the show sounded live, I won't lose any sleep over skipping it (As Ray texted me yesterday, "we've put in enough miles to warrant AC in a building").

sabremike    940

Couldn't possibly been hotter than some of those summer shows at the Murphy Rec Center in the early days of ROH. I remember nearly dying from the heat there at the show where the first champion was crowned. I think it was close to 100 degrees that day.

RIPPA    17,971

Michael Elgin had to pull out of the WCPW Tournament dealie 

This is why

I attended the ROH War of the Worlds Liverpool show tonight. I had no idea Liverpool was such a dump. Kinda reminded me of Cleveland. 

The show was good, but not great. I got to see Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Bucanero live, so that was cool. Best match was probably Mark Haskins vs Silas Young. Silas is such a good heel. Everybody hated him. 

iowanole    7

Thanks for this thread!  Just found Progress about 8 months ago and love it.  Thought the Havoc/Regression angle was great.  Haven't caught all the way up, but watched the newer chapters as well.  

On a side note, what's with the hate for WCPW?  I'm not overly familiar with them.