DVDVR Message Board

2017 UK DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Finished Chapter 57 of Progress. 

Ya know - Banks isn't lighting me on fire with his run. I loved the  SPPT team, but his single matches tend to revolve around him doing the Superman act at some point. Not a BAD match with Mandrews but a little flat. 

British Strong Style as babyfaces continue to be an utter delight. Seven mocking Gibson for being the only person without a WWE contract was some great stuff. Fun garbage brawl after, even with a flat finish. 

Keith against Webster was a great big/little match. Keith Lee is one of the best big men in the world. 

7 hours ago, Hagan said:

Finished Chapter 57 of Progress. 

Ya know - Banks isn't lighting me on fire with his run. I loved the  SPPT team, but his single matches tend to revolve around him doing the Superman act at some point. Not a BAD match with Mandrews but a little flat. 

British Strong Style as babyfaces continue to be an utter delight. Seven mocking Gibson for being the only person without a WWE contract was some great stuff. Fun garbage brawl after, even with a flat finish. 

Keith against Webster was a great big/little match. Keith Lee is one of the best big men in the world. 

I'm probably in the minority, but I had grown tired of Banks run prior to the title switch.  I'm not sure who else there was to take the title off Dunne though...

Check out the matches with Donovan Dijak for a real treat. The second EVOLVE match wasn't great because they tried to do too much of the same from the first one from Mania weekend. The AAW match was great but I think crossed the overkill line a little early. Then they tag with each other against CHOSEN BROS (Riddle & Cobb, another of the two better guys in the US imo) at BOLA weekend before putting on a masterclass in the tournament.

WALTER has a lot of great matches but from what I've seen he's at his best against Dragunov and David Starr. He's had some really fun battles with Riddle too. The Lee match from BOLA disappointed me but was still good.

pcwcrews.jpg

A member of the WWE main roster is set to wrestle for PCW (Preston City Wrestling) in February.

PCW announced today that Apollo Crews would be taking part in their Road to Glory 2018 tournament on February 10th. PCW noted that Crews is returning for one night only and thanked WWE, Triple H, and William Regal for allowing him to do so.

When he was still known as Uhaa Nation before heading to WWE, Crews held the PCW Heavyweight Championship from November 2014 to March 2015. He joins Zack Sabre Jr. as the first two wrestlers who have been confirmed for the tournament.

A few WWE wrestlers have appeared for UK promotions this year as WWE continues to develop working relationships overseas. Kassius Ohno and Noam Dar have appeared for ICW, while Jack Gallagher and Dakota Kai were featured on PROGRESS Wrestling's two shows in the United States this summer.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwes-apollo-crews-announced-pcw-tournament-248076

That should be great. And the nice thing about Rev Pro is that it won't be even close to the only potentially great match on paper either. They usually do a good job of stacking their cards with at least 3 or 4 very good matches.

Just finished Progress Chapter 59.  Pretty entertaining, considering the last minute changes due to weather.  I would like to see Banks lose title sooner rather than later.  Such a big step down from Dunne.  Just hate the Kiwi Terminator gimmick.  

On 16/12/2017 at 4:00 AM, Oyaji said:

29 is super young to lose a parent. Agreed with Halfaloaf and am wishing Grado the best.

A bit late to this one, I was reading this thread in the gym back in muh endz (West London) as I'm here for Christmas. I went home and my Mother also told me that Grado's mother had died. My Mother is a Glasgow native so reads some of the news local to that area, though this slightly left-field birthday present from my brother a couple of years back also helped:

IMG_20171223_184136060.jpg

(I'll get the frame glass replaced - Wilko quality eh!)

Point is, Grado's Maw got to see her son become a local legend; something to indeed be proud of. Hope The Lost Scot is bearing up.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:52 AM, Halfaloaf said:

Dors anyone here goto any of the uk events? I'd love too but know no pne who goes at all

My advice would be to hit up a couple alone. I started going to the AAW Lasalle shows by myself in March and have made some solid buddies that I now sit with every show. Just take the plunge, it'll be good, I promise.

On 22/12/2017 at 5:52 PM, Halfaloaf said:

Dors anyone here goto any of the uk events? I'd love too but know no pne who goes at all

Which ones? I'm a regular at Fight Club: PRO and ATTACK!, but almost the whole scene is massively friendly. 

EVE put up one of the shows from their SHE-1 tournament for free on YouTube (for a limited time, apparently), and it's really damn fun. Great arena brawl from KLR & Charli Morgan, the main is kinda short but does all the good stuff you might want from a Meiko/Viper match, and really the whole card is at least good. Highly recommended way to spend ninety minutes and a really great commercial for the company:

2 hours ago, Big Rob said:

Progress yesterday had Pete Dunne vs Jack Gallagher for the WWE UK Title.

That's very nice I am sure, but didn't Progress used to have storylines? 

I mean, I can see the slow rise of Sexsmith continues, alongside the rebuild of Rampage and the eventual Webster turn, but from afar it doesn't look like it's all that exciting really. Am I wrong?