DVDVR Message Board

2017 UK DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

On 6/15/2017 at 8:05 AM, RIPPA said:

I am so giddy right now

That 20 man over the top match is ridiculous.

Shitarse Wrestling is my new favorite channel on YouTube.

Soooooo subscribed.

• 2 weeks later...

Pete Dunne will be defending the WWE UK Title on the ICW July show that also has Noam Dar

Dunne's challenger will be decided at an ICW show prior to that, with WWE UK's Wolfgang facing the winner of a four-way (which includes Davey Blaze, Kenny Williams, BT Gunn, and Gabriel Kidd) in a number one contender's match.

Rampage and Tomohiro Ishii should be beating the shit out of each other right now.

Meanwhile, I am finishing up my lunch and headed back into the lab to start the new round of stress tests on this new software.

We're in a SKIF so no unapproved portable devices are allowed.  I can't watch the match on my phone if WCPW streams this thing live.

Life is cruel.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Rampage and Tomohiro Ishii should be beating the shit out of each other right now.

Rampage/Ishii is the 7th

Today is the 6th

• Like 2

Really great video from Eddie Dennis on his decision to chase his dream and quit his job to be a full time wrestler. Really hope he's the next Brit guy to break through, he's insanely charismatic and a great wrestler - his match with Donovan Dijak for HOPE last Friday was maybe the best in that promotions history.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Rampage/Ishii is the 7th

Today is the 6th

I lost track of my days evaluating this fucking software.  I get in at 7:30 AM EST and I don't think I've left the computer lab before 8PM for the last four days.

Today, my previous statement is now true and I still hate my job.

Fucking Kim Jong-Un...

• Like 1

Well, the good news is that Rampage vs Ishii was excellent. Exactly what you'd hope for, two big bulls colliding at full force. I'm looking forward to watching it again, because there's always a disconnect between watching something live and in person, but considering it was the 11th match of a 4 hour show, they managed to keep the audience engaged. I think people here are going to enjoy it.

Whole show was pretty great, to be honest. Not been a big fan of WCPW (the Nottingham show I went to last November was no great shakes) and I'm not a fan of modern New Japan, All of the Japan World Cup qualifying matches were good-very good, even if one of the semi finals went on past what felt like it's natural ending. Scurll/O'Reilly was perfectly ok, even if Scurll totally no-selling O'Reilly's armwork hurt the closing stages, War Machine/Swords of Essex was pretty great with a real stand-out Will Ospreay performance, and they delivered a mystery guest that actually lived up to the hype. However...

Spoiler

Bringing in Matt Riddle as a surprise to lose to Alex Gracie of all people is an act of madness. Gracie is a product of House of Pain, which is my local promotion, basically an academy promotion for Stixx trainees to get some match experience. The cards are £5, you generally get 6 matches and the match quality ranges from poor to really good, but it's worth the money and you know going in that some guys are going to be really green. Gracie is maybe the 5th or 6th best guy in the promotion, and even with a cheap victory it doesn't feel believable. He kicked out of some really big shots from Riddle and when he won, people seemed more confused than annoyed. Like, why have you chosen THIS guy to get a win over Riddle.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, RIPPA said:

Okay - I know most folks hate WCPW but they are giving me Keith Lee vs. James Storm

Whatculture Pro Wrestling has also uploaded the entire Japan Qualifier show for the Pro Wrestling World Cup to their YouTube channel..

Ishii vs. Rampage starts at around the one hour and forty-five minute mark so it looks like they worked about a fifteen minute match.

The full shows for the German, UK, Scottish, and Canadian Qualifiers are also available..

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know... I posted it in the Match of the Year thread... yesterday

I have legit professional responsibilities and can't check the interwebs every day at work..

I was lucky to be able to fake a trip to the bathroom and post from my phone.

Translation: I am old and lazy and you already know this.

So, how do I watch Keith Lee vs. Daisuke Sekimoto from this past week's XWA show? They had a VOD service but I can't seem to find it. Looks like they were sharing with EVE for a bit but their last upload is from February or March. I NEEDS IT!

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused about what Twitter is going nuts for concerning Darius Carter and Pete Dunne at last night BattleClub Pro show.   From what I understand Darius did a botch pedigree on Dunne and hurt him badly.  To the point he might not work the Progress show tomorrow.   Sucks but not the first time someone has fucked up a pedigree.    Is there some story with Darius or is it just because a WWE guy got maybe injured at an indy show?

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am confused about what Twitter is going nuts for concerning Darius Carter and Pete Dunne at last night BattleClub Pro show.   From what I understand Darius did a botch pedigree on Dunne and hurt him badly.  To the point he might not work the Progress show tomorrow.   Sucks but not the first time someone has fucked up a pedigree.    Is there some story with Darius or is it just because a WWE guy got maybe injured at an indy show?

First off - apparently Carter forgot to let go of Dunne's arms which is a pretty big fuck up

Second off - Carter has a really bad rep being sloppy and hurting dudes

I guess I didn't grasp just how much people care about Progress here, cuz while the crowd for Evolve today was very fun and into it (as mentioned in WWN thread), the Progress crowd was not only gigantic but also just completely, one million percent eating out of Jim Smallman and everyone else's palms. It was pretty special.

They covered for Dunne being out pretty well, throwing the terrifically annoying Zack Gibson in with Gallagher for a good match and Dunne just being a massive piece of shit throughout the night.

The TK injury was pretty terrible: corkscrew moonsault to the outside from the top and he just went straight through the other wrestlers and feet first into the ground; I wasn't super close but the poor guy's foot didn't seem to be pointing in quite the right direction after.