DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK SEVENTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.  WE'RE IN!

HbUPPMZse20yQ.gif

Look, I know we're going to get treated like the dolphins in The Cove by the Steelers, but in the mean time... WOOO!  (and besides, there's a 2% shot they can move up to #5 to face Houston)

• Like 1

Their dumbasses made Ajayi millions of future dollars in both games this season.  With the talent on that defense, there was no excuse for it playing that shitty this year. Hope they fire Whaley too. . . .get rid of Dan "I can't make field goals or XP's when it counts" Carpenter too. . . .

I'll assume the new coach will be name on January 4th. That was the day of the Music City Miracle. In 1/4/2017, the Bills playoff drought will turn 17, the age of consent in New York state. That way, the team can legally admit to fucking the fanbase when they welcome Jeff Fisher.

• Like 6

I hope the Bills keep Whaley, I don't think he has done a worse job than other GMs (some great finds, some iffy contracts) and I don't see anyone waiting in the wings that I have faith will do a better job than he has. Last year the Bills had two pro bowlers (Tyrod and Incognito) that no other team seem interested in that Whaley got for cheap, not to mention Hughes. Not every draft pick worked out but overall I think he did an above average job. All indications are that he didn't pick Rex, the owners did, he deserves a chance to do his own coach search and die on his own sword.

If he didn't pick Rex, then I guess he deserves one more chance. I just hope they don't get another "name", and pick a really good assistant. Haven't tried that in a while. Supposedly they are starting EJ in week 17, so I guess they are trying to tank it? Though knowing how shitty the Jets are, EJ could go off and trick someone into giving him a contract he doesn't deserve, so that would be funny. . . .

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is the play where Jay Ajayi got 57 yards on a run, in Overtime.  

Screen_Shot_2016_12_26_at_11.09.54_AM.pn

Oops.  Yeah, that's both their asses. 

If that play doesn't happen, I would've won a fantasy football championship this week.  I feel a bit better about that today.

35 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

If he didn't pick Rex, then I guess he deserves one more chance. I just hope they don't get another "name", and pick a really good assistant. Haven't tried that in a while. Supposedly they are starting EJ in week 17, so I guess they are trying to tank it? Though knowing how shitty the Jets are, EJ could go off and trick someone into giving him a contract he doesn't deserve, so that would be funny. . . .

Rumor is that Tyrod is being benched just for insurance purposes, like the Redskins did with RG3, and it will be the next coaches decision on if Tyrod is kept next year or not depending on the type of offense they run. I still think they beat the Jets either way, they clearly have given up.

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Their dumbasses made Ajayi millions of future dollars in both games this season.  With the talent on that defense, there was no excuse for it playing that shitty this year. Hope they fire Whaley too. . . .get rid of Dan "I can't make field goals or XP's when it counts" Carpenter too. . . .

Hello, Rob Ryan. That's how. He's been the architect of (literally) the worst defenses of all-time. 

9 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Hello, Rob Ryan. That's how. He's been the architect of (literally) the worst defenses of all-time. 

The weird thing is Rob wasn't DC, that was Dennis Thurman. . .blitzing can be nice, but their schemes are insane(not the good kind). . . 

3 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Dear Rex Ryan,

Have fun spending the rest of your career as a highly paid talking head on a pregame show, you arrogant asshole.

FYP

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

FYP

From all accounts Rex Ryan is a colossal prick, who, while his players will march into Hell for him, his "it's never my fault" attitude pissed off the front offices of the Raiders, Browns, and Cowboys, and alienated himself from Sean Payton.

Rob Ryan has a long career as a talking head before him, while Rex will be coaching defensive backs for the Jaguars next season.

4 minutes ago, Jerome Miller said:

From all accounts Rex Ryan is a colossal prick, who, while his players will march into Hell for him, his "it's never my fault" attitude pissed off the front offices of the Raiders, Browns, and Cowboys, and alienated himself from Sean Payton.

Rob Ryan has a long career as a talking head before him, while Rex will be coaching defensive backs for the Jaguars next season.

That's actually not factually correct, although it is the angle that lazy sites like deadspin seem to enjoy and their readers eat up. In fact, to quote him from Sunday on the above issue, “One hundred percent of what happens on the field is my responsibility.” I know you tend to jump to one extreme but the fact is he would have had an even record if he coached next week with the Bills and I am willing to bet he will at least have an assistant coach level position by 2018. His coaches and players both enjoy playing for him (he brought some coaches and some players with him from the Jets to the Bills) so he isn't from "all accounts" a "colossal prick," although I will agree he is not the ideal head coach and I don't have an issue with him getting fired. Doug Marrone was a "colossal prick" too by "all accounts" but he is the coach of the Jags as we speak. Life isn't always 0% or 100%, few things are that extreme one way or the other.

34 minutes ago, Jerome Miller said:

I think you have the two mixed up. Rob is the one who worked with Oakland, Cleveland , Dallas and NO. . . .

Rex will almost certainly get a shot at being a DC somewhere if he wants it. 

But a year or two off on TV isn't a bad idea, and some guys find it hard to leave such a significantly easier yet still high paying job.