DVDVR Message Board

Favorite Christmas Episodes of TV Shows

Johnny Sorrow

Both of Futurama's episodes with Santa Claus, insane killer robot. The Simpsons where they get trapped in the school by snow, which is the about the only good Simpsons Christmas episode as they were usually depressing as hell. . . .

• Like 1

I don't get caught up in the religious aspect of things too much, but "My Own Personal Jesus" from season 1 of Scrubs is really wonderful and uplifting. Even if you're nonreligious like I am, the episode is really about finding out what the holiday means to you, and being with the ones you love.

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

I find the religion in that a little uncomfortable actually. There are elements I love but I'm way happier watching the Great Pumpkin, which has a religious message I'm happier sharing with my kids.

As I am grown, I find Peanuts depressing as hell, between Linus getting yelled at in GP, and Peppermint patty being a world class bitch in Thanksgiving one. It's classic and all that, but the kids are so mean to poor Charlie Brown. . . 

The Aqua Teen where Master Shake has the idea to make an Xmas rap single and rake in the cash, featuring a cameo from Chuck D. Pretty much just for not only Chuck D but the song they end up making (Shake's, not Meatwad's). 

Also, the Squidbillies where they kidnap Santa Claus and have to negotiate with the elves. "I WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE BEATING HEART OF JEFF GORDON!"

One of my all time favorites is when The Ropers threw a Christmas party and Jack and the girls got stuck there on THREE'S COMPANY.

If you don't have time for the whole thing, just FF to around 13 mins when Norman Fell shows up and drink in one of the greatest comedic actors of all time doing his thing:

• Like 1