DVDVR Message Board

UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey (12/30/2016) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

27 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Cut Johny Hendricks too.  Three in a row and he's failed to make weight multiple times.  He should've made changes age ago, but he refused to.  He was too stubborn for his own good.  

Johny Hendricks killed himself to fail at making weight for nothing. He says he's done at welterweight right before this but only after he's failed to make weight three times. He said before all that if he had another bad weight cut he'd either retire or move up in weight. He brought this downfall on himself.

He's not getting cut. They're going to move him to 185.

Maybe it was DHK's pressure and strength, but I thought Saffiedine just kinda fought on autopilot for most of the fight. He just hasn't found himself since Strikeforce folded into the UFC. At one point, he was very accurate, busy, and could just chop people down with kicks. Now, it only seems like he fights in hard sparring mode.

Did Cody goad Cruz into his kind of fight or did he just have his number? I don't remember Cruz planting his feet so often and loading up on haymakers before but that could just be me not remembering correctly or a result of Cody's footwork. Dom's got a hell of a chin though.

Garbrandt fought a really smart fight. I did say don't underestimate him. He has shown he can fight at multiple speeds. He doesn't have to win by knockout all the time. I think that's what people missed in the leadup to the fight. He fights with great composure. The fight with Almeida showed that. This just reinforced it.

It's crazy that if you had to rank the big three bantamweight prospects (Almeida, Sterling, and Garbrandt) when they were all undefeated inside the UFC, Garbrandt would have been considered a distant third. He made the small changes that allowed him to be consistent at the highest level.

Congratulations. You thought you were a stand up fighter all because of one fucking fight and you let your head trainer make you think that's your strength. It's been three fights now since she's shown why she got to the top.

And now she's probably done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zev said:

And this is where I admit I was very wrong.

Ditto. She didn't have time to even go for a takedown, she was ambushed. I think she's done, its like everyone else caught up with her and passed her in the last two years, that's two fights in a row she looked like the far inferior fighter. Either she needs to totally regroup or move on to WWE/movies.

For somebody with passable English, that was a fucking great interview by Nunes. The division has passed Ronda by and now it's time to focus on the women who are here to stay. Ronda bringing women's MMA to the mainstream was a historic task and she's a legend but it's over.