DVDVR Message Board

Fight Kits, USADA, & Fighter Union Table Scrap Chaos (Make Cyborg Great Again Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

6 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Didn't all of them still get suspended? Is he the only lawyer that takes USADA cases?

The only people who haven't been suspended (meaning those not currently in the adjudication process like Cyborg) were the Meldonium failures save for Abdul-Kerim Edilov.

One of Jacobs' specialties is handling anti-doping cases for athletes. He repped Marion Jones, Floyd Landis, and Maria Sharapova. So for MMA fighters, you're probably not going to find a bigger name out there for something like this.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

The only people who haven't been suspended (meaning those not currently in the adjudication process like Cyborg) were the Meldonium failures save for Abdul-Kerim Edilov.

One of Jacobs' specialties is handling anti-doping cases for athletes. He repped Marion Jones, Floyd Landis, and Maria Sharapova. So for MMA fighters, you're probably not going to find a bigger name out for something like this.

I was just making light of the fact he loses every time but people still keep using him. If he is the most qualified than I don't blame them for going to the best available, even if the best still doesn't get ideal results most the time.

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

I was just making light of the fact he loses every time but people still keep using him. If he is the most qualified than I don't blame them for going to the best available, even if the best still doesn't get ideal results most the time.

Well, based on what's been going on so far through roughly a year and a half (really a year because testing ramped up in early 2016), I doubt you're going to see a lot of people skirt suspensions. Besides the tainted supplement defense, how is anyone going to discover this tremendous flaw in the testing to get off scot-free? In addition, how many fighters do we think have been unfairly punished so far based on the evidence that's out there? When the system has shown that leniency isn't that easy, having someone like Jacobs around might give them a peace of mind that they won't get the entire book thrown at them. 

2 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i feel like applying for a retroactive TUE, AFTER having been found using one illegally, probably won't end well. nor should it. 

Why she didn't do it the two months BEFORE the test she took and ultimately failed is going to be brought up.

6 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Please read previous replies before posting.

The crazy thing about that lawsuit is that he kind of has a point.  If you were Mark Hunt and you fought the way Mark Hunt fights, being put into multiple fights with people on performance enhancers will probably have major long term consequences.  

19 minutes ago, supremebve said:

The crazy thing about that lawsuit is that he kind of has a point.  If you were Mark Hunt and you fought the way Mark Hunt fights, being put into multiple fights with people on performance enhancers will probably have major long term consequences.  

Erik Magraken wrote an article about some of the compelling points in the lawsuit (including the Belfort/JBJ thing), but also where there are holes in the lawsuit. Hunt before the fight said he didn't care if Lesnar was on PEDs or not and would fight him anyway. Plus, he knew beforehand that Lesnar was getting the waiver and still took the fight. With some of the serious claims within the lawsuit, I believe he has to show the UFC intentionally tried to conspire against him. That's going to be tough because of the his attitude before the fight and the fact that Lesnar was still subjected to testing. The UFC didn't expedite the test results, but Lesnar still failed and Hunt would probably need credible evidence they tried to cover it up.

Keep in mind, the UFC pulled Jon Jones earlier that week as soon as they got the results back. So if they were going to hold onto test results for big name fighters, they would likely do it across the board.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody Elbow reports that Rampage paid $1.15 million in cash for a new house that he signed under the name of a business owned by his manager who sold it out from his manager.  He apparently didn't want to sign it under his name to maintain anonymity.  

• 2 weeks later...