DVDVR Message Board

Fight Kits, USADA, & Fighter Union Table Scrap Chaos (Make Cyborg Great Again Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

24 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Maybe Lawlor thinks it will get the court of public opinion on his side, especially for those who are critical of USADA handling its business with the UFC and the UFC fighters.

Yeah, I doubt that will happen. It is a non issue. Also, why would you need to sway someone already critical of the program? That's someone you don't really have to convert.

If he was joking in reference to people sending stuff to the more famous guy with the same sounding last name, then okay. However, insinuating something deeper with absolutely zero evidence to back it up is a can of worms he doesn't want to open.

3 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

I think it may have more been a joke as in if they cannot get Robbie Lawler & Tom Lawlor's names and contact info right, how are they capable of handling the drug testing of all these athletes. 

Except those two things are completely different tasks with much different outcomes. As someone who has done email mixup on multiple occasions at work, I can say one is much more easier to screw up. With that said, that's never really been an indictment of my overall work. The UFC production team has screwed up onscreen graphics numerous times, but I don't think it's a reflection of the quality of work. 

Now if one of the testers showed up at his gym or house asking for Robbie Lawler, then we got real legitimate issues. Otherwise, it's just him bitching for no good reason because handling drug samples and sending emails about completing whereabouts verification are two separate different levels. If you fuck up the latter, it's no harm no foul because you can just send it to the right person. There was no confidential information in that email. If you fuck up the former, you might never ever get a job in that industry/field ever again. The implications are totally, totally different. That's why it's very bizarre to even to bring that up.

Also, how the fuck does this relate to him having ostarine in his system? Is he saying his sample from October 10 of last year was collected improperly or that someone else's urine magically floated into the container thanks to the folks at USADA? Because if he is implying either/or, I wanna hear the reasoning. If you're implying they can't handle drug testing, does that mean you're incompetent at fighting since you couldn't handle passing drug tests? I mean he is one of the dudes supposedly on the catching cheaters crusade.

I haven't listened to the show, but he may be in the anger phase of the five stages of USADA suspension grief.  That's what I'm chalking it up to because it's the weirdest thing to take issue with and we've already discussed this here to death already.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Guy is kind of a fuck up. I want to support him but he makes it so hard.

And he is someone the UFC is actively rooting for not to be that. He has a fun and exciting fighting style, he's trilingual, and he can beat legitimate fighters (which is something that's always a question w/ prospects). These dudes don't grow on trees. They need him to continue to fight and build his name up. This is what this legends tour is suppose to help him do.

• Like 1

How can there be an in-competition test two months out?  The USADA website defines in-competition tests as 12 hours before through the end of the sample collection process.   Straight from USADA.org:

In-competition refers to the period commencing twelve hours before a competition in which the athlete is scheduled to participate through the end of the competition and the sample collection process related to the competition.

10 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

How can there be an in-competition test two months out?  The USADA website defines in-competition tests as 12 hours before through the end of the sample collection process.   Straight from USADA.org:

I think you're confused. He didn't fail an in competition test for this fight he got pulled out of. It was a test collected in and around the Belfort fight. So he failed the test that was in competition for the Belfort fight.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think you're confused. He didn't fail an in competition test for this fight he got pulled out of. It was a test collected in and around the Belfort fight. So he failed the test that was in competition for the Belfort fight.

Am I confused or are MMA Fighting and UFC confused?  UFC and MMA Fighting are saying "in-competition," so...

Kelvin Gastelum has been pulled from his UFC 212 fight against Anderson Silva after potentially testing positive for marijuana metabolites in an in-competition drug test conducted by USADA, the UFC announced Thursday.

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) informed Kelvin Gastelum of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation involving Carboxy-Tetrahydrocannabinol (“Carboxy-THC”) which is a metabolite of marijuana and/or hashish, above the decision limit of 180 ng/mL, stemming from an in-competition sample collected in conjunction with his recent bout in Fortaleza, Brazil on March 11, 2017.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Am I confused or are MMA Fighting and UFC confused?  UFC and MMA Fighting are saying "in-competition," so...

Yes, you're confused. It's an in competition test for the Belfort fight.

stemming from an in-competition sample collected in conjunction with his recent bout in Fortaleza, Brazil on March 11, 2017.

Just because he was booked for another fight doesn't by proxy make it out of competition. 

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

If it was for the Belfort fight than Gastelum is an even bigger idiot than I thought. 

It's for the Belfort fight or else it would be out-of-competition. 

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Weed isn't tested for out of competition.

No, I'm just stating in general. It had to be that fight. I don't know why it was so confusing for you to understand that when all the articles stated as such.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amanda Ribas, who was suppose to debut against Juliana Lima on the TUF Finale in July, was flagged for a potential USADA violation. The UFC is looking for a new opponent for Ju Thai.