DVDVR Message Board

GENTIES & LADLEMEN, WE GIVE YOU... THE MOVE

OSJ

Just possibly the perfect R&R song... And despite scientists saying the there really was no such thing as a brontosaurus, I say "SEZ WHO?" 

• Like 2

By the way, ELO (the band Wood, Lynne and Bevan founded after the Move) are finally being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, this time. It'd be great to see The Move inducted, but the chances of that happening are virtually non-existent. 

Here's one of the best covers the Move ever did....a trippy, seven-plus minute version of Tom Paxton's "the Last Thing On My Mind". Later covered by Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner, among others. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think "Blackberry Way" is The Move's best song. 

By the way, ELO (the band Wood, Lynne and Bevan founded after the Move) are finally being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, this time. It'd be great to see The Move inducted, but the chances of that happening are virtually non-existent. 

I'd say the induction is more for Jeff Lynne himself, since he's worked with a who's who of rock music - George, Paul & Ringo (even John too posthumously), Brian Wilson, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty,  Del Shannon et al. Del was going to be a Wilbury after The Big O passed away, but sadly committed suicide. ELO as a band have some great songs though, "Out of the Blue" is often cited as their tour de force, but there's some other great tracks which never really get cited by critics when discussing their music. It's usually "All over the World" & "Mr Blue Sky" but songs like "Wishing", "The Diary of Horace Wimp", "Shine A Little Love" among others which deserve their due too. Some rarities by Jeff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWYQcimjUEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaWa9f_Coao

Jeff's disco record~!

• Like 1