DVDVR Message Board

SDL 12/20/16 Wildcard Finals Preview

Niners Fan in CT

Nattie's problem is her cardio is suddenly shit

Last week she was huffing and puffing come down to the ring and then had to cut a promo

This week she was gassed just chasing Carmella down the aisle... and then had to cut a promo

Bitter Nattie is going to be a lot of fun. I hope she gets to keep her last name since Charlotte is using Flair now. She should start using the running powerslam and end her promos with "Yeah baby" followed by the manical Anvil laugh.

• Like 4

latest?cb=20110910035309

Dolph: the early years. 

Guy seriously came out looking like a roadie for Winger tonight so the tie in is now complete. 

SD is good but the main event scene desperately needs a couple new baby faces besides Ambrose and Ziggler. 

Nattie and The Miz were both great heels on this show because they went straight for the jugular.

But Nattie's comment was far nastier that Miz's, IMO. Miz just pointed out an obvious fact. Embarrassing? Yes. But she is sleeping with the guy. i doubt either will deny it, frankly. And he didn't dispute that Ambrose cares about her.  

Nattie's remarks, meanwhile, were flat out psychological warfare. She was telling Nikki she was worthless and that's why the man she loves won't ever love her as much back. 

That's fucked up. By any standard.    

I like Bitchy, Evil Sociopath Nattie~!

• Like 4

They need to spend the next week working on Nattie's reasoning, though. On Talking Smack, she was stumped by some of Daniel Bryan's questions because there was no logical answer. She needs to head more down the road of "I was helping train other women when I should have been training myself" and I think I'll like this character.

Maybe it felt off to me because she was already a heel and she's actually had a lot of opportunities this year compared to others and she was the weak link in all of her big matches. Also, I really liked crazy cat lady Nattie speaking in song lyrics and being buddies with Shane.

• Like 2

"The man you love and adore will never, ever marry you because he doesn't care about you enough!" is an incredibly fucked up thing for a woman to say to another woman.

Hogan/Savage levels of emotional trauma, right there.  

WWE trying to appeal to the ladies.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Reed said:

But Nattie's comment was far nastier that Miz's, IMO. Miz just pointed out an obvious fact. Embarrassing? Yes. But she is sleeping with the guy. i doubt either will deny it, frankly. And he didn't dispute that Ambrose cares about her.  

What's funny is that Renee and Dean used to... well hide might be a strong word... let's just say they weren't public about their relationship

It wasn't until Total Divas was it like "Well now it is out there"

So Renee did this brief Youtube video that was all "Well - it is no secret!" and I was like "technically if you are a regular viewer who only watches Raw and Smackdown. Yes... yes it is"

29 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

They need to spend the next week working on Nattie's reasoning, though. On Talking Smack, she was stumped by some of Daniel Bryan's questions because there was no logical answer. She needs to head more down the road of "I was helping train other women when I should have been training myself" and I think I'll like this character.

That is kind of what she said. She said she made a mistake training the Bellas because they got further along faster than her due to their looks. She doesn't deny that they worked hard, but she is pissed because she works just as hard and is wrestling royalty. In her mind she should have achieved everything they have and more. Where she stumbled and couldn't answer was when she started to have these feelings.

I'm going to miss crazy cat lady Nattie, but bitter, cruel bitch Nattie is certainly welcome. Hopefully she and Nikki just flat out brawl when they get in the ring again.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's no reason Nattie can't be both a crazy cat lady and a cruel bitch. In fact, some might say they go hand in hand. 

Should have done a Rock'n'Sock type deal where Nattie gives Nikki a 2Pawz shirt and later finds it in the trash.

• Like 1

It was certainly fun listening to that crowd scream for James Ellsworth's head, then scream for Dolph Ziggler's head. Maybe Detroit is in Canada. It'll be interesting to see if the writers can add a little overtime to Ellsworth's expired 15 minutes.

That main event was pretty good considering both guys have a thimblefull of charisma between them. I also see no reason why a national television show is using one second of TV time on Mojo Rawley or Curt Hawkins.

15 minutes ago, jstout said:

I also see no reason why a national television show is using one second of TV time on Mojo Rawley or Curt Hawkins.

I don't know, Mojo's a pretty ideal low midcarder.

Hawkins, I agree. Not sure why they brought him back. Doing a "Chuck Norris facts" gimmick 12 years too late just adds to the embarrassment.

2 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Hawkins, I agree. Not sure why they brought him back. Doing a "Chuck Norris facts" gimmick 12 years too late just adds to the embarrassment.

Pretty sure it is exactly doing what he is doing

Being a job guy on house shows and occasionally on TV (well on the C shows too but Superstars got cancelled)

That is why these offers to the "name" people like him and Jinder Mahal were reportedly so low and someone like Tommy Dreamer said he could make more staying with indy dates.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What's funny is that Renee and Dean used to... well hide might be a strong word... let's just say they weren't public about their relationship

It wasn't until Total Divas was it like "Well now it is out there"

So Renee did this brief Youtube video that was all "Well - it is no secret!" and I was like "technically if you are a regular viewer who only watches Raw and Smackdown. Yes... yes it is"

You know, I always thought Raw and SD and the talk shows gave you hints about them being together.

Granted, I might be giving WWE Creative more credit for subtle long-term storytelling than they deserve.

But whenever Renee was interviewing The Shield or Ambrose in a TV tag match you got the sense of the other guys thinking: "Well, let's just leave her alone and be polite and keep our distance."

To keep the peace. 

The only time I noticed they tried to hint that was on Talkin' Smack.  It'd be little jabs here and there like Zack asking if she was with anybody or something along those lines.  She'd quickly dance away from that to something else.  I guess they figure since Total Divas is airing now that everybody knows, but with declining ratings I don't believe that's the case.