DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK SIXTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Durable old bruiser, although I'm older than him, so now I feel old.

Colts RB Frank Gore is the 1st player in NFL history with 11 consecutive seasons of 1,200 yards from scrimmage. He passed Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith and Curtis Martin (10 straight).

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

He's been lights out the last five games, but he resolutely wasn't playing great. Not just a lack of talent around him, he was missing throws and struggling since the middle of last year. Whatever it was, he broke back out of it and fuck I hate Green Bay fuck fuck fuck. 

Hopefully Dallas rests a lot of guys Monday.

Thank you. That narrative that he was getting no help, and it was all everybody else's fault, needs to die. Rodgers' play dropped off significantly for about a year. Even my Packers fan friends were saying the same thing. 

But he sure has bounced back. 

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So based on the stories coming out (or at least the way ESPN is reporting it) the Vikings defense (or at least the DBs) went rogue and where ignoring the gameplan that Mike Zimmer had put in place for the game

That sure worked well for them, didn't it? 

And yup, going to have to (ugh) root for Dallas to beat Detroit on Monday to help the Skins playoff chances.  A Skins win next week against the Giants and either Detroit loses its last two or GB loses to Detroit next week and Skins get the last NFC playoff seed.  And since the Giants clinched the other wild card hopefully they rest their starters and let the Skins win easily...

Yeah - apparently if the Giants win, the Lions get the 2nd WC no matter what (since they have the tiebreaker over at least the Skins)

Now that was per Twitter a couple of hours ago

Yes. Lions are in with a win in either game or a WFC loss. But they can still finish anywhere from #2 (win out and Atlanta loses) to #3 (win out Atlanta wins) to #4 (lose Dallas, beat GB) to #6 (lose out, Washington loses) to out (lose out, Washington wins) 

I don't think they can get #5 because NYG holds the tie break.

Legend of Tom Savage continues!

Texans have won at least 9 games every year for the last 3 years under O'Brien. With 9 different quarterbacks.

Defense is #1 without JJ Watt, and without a lot turnovers, and with the worst QB play in the league.

With their defense, and if Savage can be merely mediocre and not self-sabotaging like Brock, they can beat anyone.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Legend of Tom Savage continues!

Texans have won at least 9 games every year for the last 3 years under O'Brien. With 9 different quarterbacks.

Defense is #1 without JJ Watt, and without a lot turnovers, and with the worst QB play in the league.

With their defense, and if Savage can be merely mediocre and not self-sabotaging like Brock, they can beat anyone.

They beat the Bengals and we were without pretty much any offensive weapons and still would've won if we had an NFL kicker. I guess what I'm saying is be happy you won but don't get carried away here.

Also I'd like to kick the idiot on the broadcast who was saying what a well coached and disciplined team we are in the testicles until he blacked out from the pain.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and it is also almost a lock that the Packers/Lions will be the Sunday Night game

This game has officially been flexed to the Sunday night game

Giants/Skins and Saints/Falcons have both been moved to 4:25 pm kickoffs

Pats/Fins will be played at 4:25 unless both Steelers and KC win today. If Pitt and KC win today - all AFC playoff births will be decided except for seeding so Pats/Fins will be played at 1 (All the other late games are because a team on the West Coast is hosting)

Not quite a Christmas miracle, but close enough to satisfy me.  I never get tired of watching Steelers-Ravens grind it out, particularly when the game ends with the Steelers stealing the Ravens' lunch money and making them cry wee-wee-wee all the way home.

And those last ten minutes were damn good football.