DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Braun Interferes Again - 12/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Someone needs to explain to me what it is that Braun Strowman has going for him.  I'm just not seeing it.  I actually feel like it's a big step back for Roman if they put him in a feud with Strowman for WrestleMania (which is the rumor).  More free time for me, I guess.  That's probably not something I'll be watching.

I do approve of boyish clean-cut Pac apparently being possessed by the spirit of Jimmy Del Ray.

He's a monster. Wrestling needs monsters.

As far as Enzo, yeah, he said some shit to Lana while he was naked. but let's not forget dude got locked out of his dressing room. He wasn't naked by choice. I got locked out of my dorm while naked in college and kicked the door in to avoid a situation like Enzo was in. It's not like he chose to be naked in front of the world...

RAW WM Matches:

Brock/Goldberg

Owens/Jericho - Universal Title

Rollins/HHH

Braun/Reigns - US Title

Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley - Women's Title

Cruiserweight Title Ladder Match

Some big multi-man Tag Title Match

Big Show/Shaq

That's a full card right there, and we haven't even touched the SD side of things yet. Gonna be a big show this year, for sure.

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

He's a monster. Wrestling needs monsters.

He is giant, athletic and can talk. They have pushed guys with way less.

I do feel like this Enzo angle is to compensate for Charlotte saying he had a small dick from that segment when Jericho butchered Sasha.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes -

Elimination Chamber is SDL on 2/12/17

Fastlane is RAW's on 3/5/17

With Smackdown getting the Elimination Chamber I'm predicting that the winner of the Rumble will be someone from RAW. 

That gives Smackdown a reason to run the Chamber to advance to Wrestlemania.

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

But while I like Roman the only way people will be cool with him beating Braun at WM is if it's not for a title.

It isn't really relevant whether a title is on the line or not - Roman is going to be shit on at Mania. There is nobody on the roster that the Mania fans wouldn't cheer over him.

5 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

It isn't really relevant whether a title is on the line or not - Roman is going to be shit on at Mania. There is nobody on the roster that the Mania fans wouldn't cheer over him.

Miz

(Yes I know he is Smackdown)

I've been digging Braun over the past couple of months, but they'd be wise to take it slow with him. He had trouble filling out a 10-minute singles match with one of the best wrestlers on the roster, but he looks like he has the tools and attitude to get better. As a character, he reminds me of Happy Gilmore's construction worker boss. He should do more gruff, deadpan talking in addition to spit-screaming. He's been a great foil for Jericho in their occasional backstage interaction.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Miz

(Yes I know he is Smackdown)

Miz is great at what he does. But a lot of the fans attending Mania would be in on the joke with him. That's not to say he won't be booed at Mania IRL. But he'd get cheered over Roman. Especially considering the buzz Miz is riding. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Damn, that was the line of the night too.  All this tells me is that Big E is a better writer than the writers themselves.

I think a lot of people, including some on this board, are better writers than those employed by WWE.

• Like 4

you know what, we got a small glimpse of what a Brock and Stroman match would look like and it was fucking awesome. That was before Braun started putting things together. Obviously Brock is paired with Goldberg but I think a similar style hoss fight between Stroman and Roman could be quite good. 

Stroman and Roman.  Multi syllable rhyming over here.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

See I think if you fuck with someone's wife all bets are off.  Yes, Lana and Rusev orchestrated a plot to destroy him but that was all after Enzo had already sexually harassed her. I feel no sympathy for Enzo.

Also, let's not forget that in between Enzo getting locked outside the dressing room and Enzo getting destroyed at the hotel, there was the week where Enzo came out and cut a promo telling Rusev that his wife couldn't keep her eyes off him and it was the luckiest day of her life. Followed by Rusev rightly kicking Enzo in the cock. Enzo deserves everything he gets.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I've been digging Braun over the past couple of months, but they'd be wise to take it slow with him. He had trouble filling out a 10-minute singles match with one of the best wrestlers on the roster, but he looks like he has the tools and attitude to get better. As a character, he reminds me of Happy Gilmore's construction worker boss. He should do more gruff, deadpan talking in addition to spit-screaming. He's been a great foil for Jericho in their occasional backstage interaction.

I think that was more booking than anything Braun did. They had Zayn half dead after taking less punishment than the Splash Brothers did. 

17 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

See I think if you fuck with someone's wife all bets are off.  Yes, Lana and Rusev orchestrated a plot to destroy him but that was all after Enzo had already sexually harassed her. I feel no sympathy for Enzo.

Agreed. It's like the cliche about how you can't con an honest man. Yeah, Rusev and Lana going to that length to set the guy up is kind of weird, but if Enzo does the decent thing he walks away scot free.