DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Braun Interferes Again - 12/19/2016

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They tell them to care about the cruiserweights and that clearly isn't working. Whatever WWE tells the audience usually falls on deaf ears. Is WWE capable of showing and not telling?

The Cruisers will be cared about when they just let them be. The Divas Revolution bullshit was the pits till they stopped forcing everything, then things started to get better.

But really, the WWE hasn't succeeded in making people care about someone as much as they wanted since the Shield broke up. 

• Like 2

The cruisers are unnecessary now. Daniel Bryan main evented Wrestlemania and they tried to make Finn Balor the top belt. 

The main thing that killed the division last time was Rey Mysterio doing main events. Once the belt did not matter to Rey (The clear top cruiser) it did not matter to fans. So you had the best of the rest having pretty good matches. 

But WWE has never been good at booking lower weight classes. Taka Michinoku was pushed at first then cut off, same with Esse Rios. They try then lose interest. The best they did before Rey was when X-Pac was champion and he feuded with Jeff Hardy, Kidman and Tajiri. Then he got hurt and the division limped along until Rey debuted.

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why should it last that long?

Who else do they have? They could call Kana up but the NXT ladies division is already dying.

They really should have placed all the women on one show and tag teams on another. Because Raw is suffering from lack of teams and viable women. Nia Jax is way too green to be on television. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skelemania said:

sA2P5Sv.gifv

I love Rusev, but unfortunately they have probably killed off his main event potential. I do think Braun has a naturally higher ceiling of potential due to his size, speed and charisma. Hearing him on Austin was a revelation because I just assumed he was an immobile big man who could not talk. But he displayed great charisma. 

16 minutes ago, Victator said:

Who else do they have? They could call Kana up but the NXT ladies division is already dying.

They really should have placed all the women on one show and tag teams on another. Because Raw is suffering from lack of teams and viable women. Nia Jax is way too green to be on television. 

Well they could finally stop fucking around with Emma and have her return. More to the to point, I just figured Bayley/Charlotte could serve as a point of jealousy for Sasha heel turn and WM feud between her and Bayley.

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Well they could finally stop fucking around with Emma and have her return. More to the to point, I just figured Bayley/Charlotte could serve as a point of jealousy for Sasha heel turn and WM feud between her and Bayley.

I think Emma is being fitted for Funkadactyls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bear Wyatt said:

I'm glad that they realized Dar's money is in being a sleazy heel.  His accent makes everything sound so gross.

I really sold that Lumbar Check too. Cedric Alexander basically deadlifted that motherfucker. 

40 minutes ago, Victator said:

The cruisers are unnecessary now. Daniel Bryan main evented Wrestlemania and they tried to make Finn Balor the top belt. 

The main thing that killed the division last time was Rey Mysterio doing main events. Once the belt did not matter to Rey (The clear top cruiser) it did not matter to fans. So you had the best of the rest having pretty good matches. 

But WWE has never been good at booking lower weight classes. Taka Michinoku was pushed at first then cut off, same with Esse Rios. They try then lose interest. The best they did before Rey was when X-Pac was champion and he feuded with Jeff Hardy, Kidman and Tajiri. Then he got hurt and the division limped along until Rey debuted.

Mysterio got over with the sheer quality of his cruiserweight matches and being part of the Smackdown Six. It had more to do with Smackdown writers treating him like a big deal. Vince did everything in his power to keep Mysterio out of the main event scene basically ignoring that the guy for years was his top 5 merch seller for years. They did try to make the title matter on Smackdown with Paul London, Billy Kidman, Jamie Noble, and etc, but as soon as Vince put the aerial move ban on those guys, let's just say it is really hard to differentiate from the Bigs when you are held down. Even Mysterio stopped doing his technical shit for years. Like compare Rey Mysterio the first two years in the WWE vs 2005-2008. Around that time is when the Cruiserweight division died.

The issue now is not that they are able to exceed in the main event scene or that guys are doing the same moves because let's face it, the CWs simply do them better. The issue is that the WWE is booking them like the Divas Revolution.And unlike the Divas Revolution, there was not a big match buildup for them. We all were waiting for the moment Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky tangled because they were the best workers. The CWs have yet to have that holy shit match outside the tournament and we all know they are capable. I heard some pops for Cedric Alexander and Neville, and honestly, if you gave those two 15-20 minutes, they will steal the show. As soon as the WWE stops caring and shaping them to be this big innovative thing and let them work, they will get something going. I still have hope for the CW division.

They can do well if they give Neville the belt since he seems like a bigger deal and he can do better flying stuff. 

But its unnecessary now. There is nothing keeping them from working main events now. This isn't a period where guys like Nelson Royal and Mike Jackson are talented but deemed too small. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure some permutation of Owens-Jericho-Reigns-Rollins has been feuding since 1942.

I'm absolutely all for Beef Stroganoff (end our tradition? BOOOOO!) entering into the main event mix just to keep from the same four dudes feuding into 2025. Same with Luke Harper on Smackdown - that show needs more names up top than Raw does, and that's saying something.

The cruisers need 10-15 minutes to show off their stuff and tell a story - they're never gonna get anywhere on Raw wrestling three-minute matches. It's like you take something that's different and say "nope, you're going in this little box here, whether you like it or not" instead of being treated and handled differently.

That tag team segment was brutal. It's like they said "jeez, we gotta find a way to try to make Anderson and Gallows look good - time for the Shooting Stars!"

I'm for Braun going into the main event scene. But sadly we know what's gonna happen when he does. Instead of an AA and STF it will be a SUPERMAN PUNCH and a SPEAR. I wish Braun didn't use the power slam though. If there was ever a guy that should be using a power bomb as a death finisher it's him. Him doing a version of the Sid Vicious power bomb would be pretty damn devastating and would be the perfect cap to what he needs. Plus I like the idea of guys getting powerbombed and not getting back up.

I'm totally unconvinced by Babar Slurpyourpants as main event material. That said, I'll be totally unsurprised at him headlining Wrestlemania with Big Cass (also nowhere near ready as a main eventer).

• Like 1