DVDVR Message Board

Total Nonstop DELETION! - 12/15/16

I forgot the line of the night, Broken Matt addressing RRE "We were all teen heartthrobs at one time!" before handing them their fireworks.

Also after reading about RRE in Jericho's book where he said they had their own little routines worked out ahead of time (like Robert would say "I didn't get much sleep last night, Ricky" and Ricky would say "I haven't slept in 18 years, Robert"), it was funny to hear one they got into the TND ("God loves crazy people...that's why he made so many of us").

• Like 1

Apropos of nothing, Ricky REALLY needs to sell those SOM shirts. At the Big Event back in March I was about to ask him about getting one when Robert walked up and chopped me in the chest. "Hiya!" :blink:

2 hours ago, caley said:

I forgot the line of the night, Broken Matt addressing RRE "We were all teen heartthrobs at one time!" before handing them their fireworks.

My favorite 'line' was from Vanguard 1 when they wouldn't let it compete in the match against Sienna, at the bottom of his display it said "This is BS AF".

• Like 4

They definitely didn't have enough footage to fill two hours (or something got cut) since they randomly re-ran the training footage.

Not that I was complaining about seeing George Washington stealing Reby's hat again

You know, had this been the final episode ever of TNA it would have been a perfect series finale. The Hardy's standing tall. A new baby on the way. What more could you ask for. Hell, a no-contest in the world title match where the World champion sort of just disapeared off into the North Carolina woods would have been the most fitting TNA ending ever.

• Like 6

I said this on Twitter but that might have been the weirdest way to reboot a company

But it would have been funny if they "killed" all the guys they didn't want to use anymore

Oh well

18 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Since Eddie Edwards is a wolf, it makes perfect sense he'd want to take the fight into the woods.

Had him and Davey been in the tag match, Richards would've asked to be the one shot out of the volcano, just so he could kick out at 2 3/4. Fighting Spirit!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zev said:

Had him and Davey been in the tag match, Richards would've asked to be the one shot out of the volcano, just so he could kick out at 2 3/4. Fighting Spirit!

No, he would have popped right back up and done a suplex into a falcon arrow or something.

• Like 2

Frazier?

Is the title match supposed to be still going on?  This could set a record for longest match ever.

Super fun show.  I doubt Broken Matt would get my March Madness vote over AJ or even Miz, but the broken Hardys may be the most fun thing in wrestling, and I give Matt a lot of credit for doing something different and re-inventing himself at this late stage.

Plus, he's willing to walk around in public with that hair.  Give that man an award or something.

• Like 2

TNA is missing on a sure thing if they don't have next year's first show start with Edwards and Lashley fighting their way into the Impact Zone wearing the same gear and continue the match. "And the winner, in a time of three weeks, five hours and 47 minutes, ...."

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

You know, had this been the final episode ever of TNA it would have been a perfect series finale. The Hardy's standing tall. A new baby on the way. What more could you ask for. Hell, a no-contest in the world title match where the World champion sort of just disapeared off into the North Carolina woods would have been the most fitting TNA ending ever.

I forgot to mention, but Lashley showing up in the nice vehicle, while Edwards stumbles out of the woods sure was something!

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

Wasn't grado supposed to fight Smokin' Joe?

Supposedly, was wondering this myself last night.  Smokin' Joe is the kangaroo, for anyone who missed that memo.  Maybe Smokin' Joe is getting the Broadus Clay treatment.  Tease his debut for a few weeks, then have him come dancing down to the ring in a totally different gimmick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caley said:

Supposedly, was wondering this myself last night.  Smokin' Joe is the kangaroo, for anyone who missed that memo.  Maybe Smokin' Joe is getting the Broadus Clay treatment.  Tease his debut for a few weeks, then have him come dancing down to the ring in a totally different gimmick.

So Smoking Joe is the new Emmalina?  Or maybe I have that backward.

Same ref that said Sienna couldn't face a drone probably said Grado couldn't face a kangaroo.

The golden opportunity missed was to have Allie Impact show up, get thrown in Lake GimmickTonka, and suddenly realize she's been feuding with Rosemary/Courtney for over a year.

• Like 1

Man, this thing was fucking nuts and I loved damn near every minute of it. Vanguard-1 getting pissy about not being allowed to fight Sienna and the Helms Dynasty beating up the boat for breaking up the pin had tears in my eyes while Morton being left in the land of deletion finished me off. ODB was a fun surprise and damn, did James Storm look like a badass when he showed up.

Have to admit that I kinda wanted to see the Broken Hardys lose just to see how batshit insane the land of deletion getting destroyed would've been.

The ending was fabulous, straight out of a Sam Raimi-Bruce Campbell movie.

I wanna fantasy book some more:

1. When the planted fans got taken out during the Lashley-Edwards match, I wish they would've started mumbling and groaning in pain "holy shit."

2. To follow on my Lashley-Edwards continuation theme, I wanna see pretaped segments showing their fight from North Carolina to Florida, including a segment where one says:

"whoa, whoa"

"what?"

"You hungry?"

"I could eat"

And they fight their way to a nearby Waffle House, where they sit down to a calm meal together - "how's the family?" - followed by paying the check, getting out to the parking lot and starting to brawl again.

• Like 5