DVDVR Message Board

GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME VOTING GUIDE

RIPPA

BALLOTS DUE: January 17, 2017 (a little more of a firm date now)

BALLOT LENGTH: 100 movies (1-100). You may also "vote" for up to 25 movies as Honorable Mention (I am not quite certain how I will score them but yeah)

BALLOTS EMAIL: DVDVRMAIL AT GMAIL DOT COM (In an ideal world you will submit your ballot 1-100 MOVIE TITLE, DIRECTOR, YEAR)

ELIGIBILITY: Anything that has a release date in IMDB of 12/31/16 or earlier

(More details in upcoming posts)

Edited by RIPPA
Updated due date
  • Like 1

HOW A BALLOT SHOULD LOOK (I am just using IMDB's rankings for this. Don't wanna trigger Fowler and Jae)

1) THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (Darabont, 1994)

2) THE GODFATHER (Coppola, 1972)

3) THE GODFATHER: PART TWO (Coppola, 1974)

And so forth till 100

• Like 3

HOW HONORABLE MENTION WORKS

You may select UP TO 25 more movies (in no particular order) to list as your Honorable Mention

Please use the same formatting as your regular list so like

• ROCKY (Avildsen, 1976)
  • ROCKY II (Stallone, 1979)
  • THE ROCK (Bay, 1996)
  • ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (Sharman, 1975)

Again - MAX 25 Honorable Mentions. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PICK A FULL 25! YOU DON'T HAVE TO PICK ANY!

I am not 100% sure how I will credit them yet - mainly because I want to make sure it doesn't fucking up the scoring and I won't know how that goes until I have ballots. I will explain all before I release the results though

• Like 1

RANDOM OTHER EXPLANATIONS! (IE: Making it All About Myself)

Okay - I moved the ballot due date to Jan 10 for two reasons.

1) After Wednesday, I don't return to work until Jan 10 so I might as well maximize my own viewing time

2) I am making two different trips up to NY over the course of 2 weeks - the 2nd one is Jan 3, 4 and 5. So no sense in collection ballots when I won't be home to start doing anything with them.

Now I do ask that if you really like your ballot - send it in. Don't wait till Jan 10. That way I can start compiling ahead of time.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unlocked this topic
38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

HOW A BALLOT SHOULD LOOK (I am just using IMDB's rankings for this. Don't wanna trigger Fowler and Jae)

1) THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (Darabont, 1994)

2) THE GODFATHER (Coppola, 1972)

3) THE GODFATHER: PART TWO (Coppola, 1974)

And so forth till 100

Do you want the film titles all in CAPS, too? Or does that matter?

A suggestion on the honorable mentions: you could use them for tie-breaker situations, if two movies have the same score the one with more honorable mentions wins. This only works if at least one of the films has an honorable mention but it won't impact the actual scoring.

• Like 1

• RIPPA pinned this topic

I just want to repeat myself here - for those who think they aren't "qualified" to submit a ballot. You haven't seen the ballots I have gotten so far.

Y'all have seen at least 100 movies you think are very good or beyond. Send me a list.

The more I get - the better this project is

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I just want to repeat myself here - for those who think they aren't "qualified" to submit a ballot. You haven't seen the ballots I have gotten so far.

Y'all have seen at least 100 movies you think are very good or beyond. Send me a list.

The more I get - the better this project is

I'm out with the flu, so I may at least start putting something into a rough outline. I'm going to hate whatever I submit.

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If I send you one, it'll be in excel, so all you'll have to do probably is just copy and paste. My column headers are #, Film, Director, Year.

That's fine. A few others send in Excel also.

Heck I am doing mine in Excel

What Chaos said.  My ballot is in Excel with nice column headers (Rank, Movie, Director, Year Released).

As a matter of fact, it should be on the way in like ten minutes or less.

EDIT: Or less!  I have sent my ballot!  Let the hand wringing begin!

Also - if anyone sends me a corrected/updated ballot just make sure you give me the heads up (here or PM works) as I wanna make sure I enter the correct version

EDIT - this also covers if you decide to add honorable mentions to your list

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I can't help it if you rank more movies on IMDB

I didn't use IMDB or Flickchart.

And I have to send you a corrected ballot because I have 2001 A Space Odyssey on there twice.

EDIT: Fixed and resubmitted.