DVDVR Message Board

WWE UK

RIPPA

I hope over time as the WWE continues to do more "brands" in more country's, we get title's specific to the region. This is all part of a devious plan by Triple H to turn the WWE into the NWA.

If we can somehow someday get a WWE Western States Heritage Championship...

In other news apparently Will Osprey posted on Facebook that he was a little sad/bitter that he couldn't be apart of this. Is that because of his ROH and deal with New Japan?

NcCVFCj.jpg

This is kind of like what was rumored to have happened years ago. To bring back "territories". There was going to be a WWE Mexico, Japan, UK, and others. Each to have it's own champion. Then have one "world" champion. At the time, I thought there was talk of New Japan and AAA.

If this is what this UK thing is the start of, that would be insane.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think does explain why there was confusion between if the women's tournament was January or March

Most likely - the originally planned to do the women's tournament in Jan but then Vince got the bee in his bonnet about getting this done so the women got moved to March

If Vince did get the bee in his bonnet of getting it done, I think 205Live also probably explains why it happened.

The fact that WWE cancelled Superstars outright in favor of 205Live made it pretty clear- once the women's tournament happens, WWE will make an all-women's show to replace Main Event and be taped alongside Raw in turn.

Then, once they made that plan, Sky Sports likely said "Oh no, you made us take Main Event in the last contract, and we're holding you to it, no takebacks! You gave us Main Event, you can't cancel Main Event on us for this women's show!", which led to them making a UK brand and tournament with the goal of transferring Main Event to this brand and taping in the UK before the women's tournament/a subsequent all women's show.

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

In other news apparently Will Osprey posted on Facebook that he was a little sad/bitter that he couldn't be apart of this. Is that because of his ROH and deal with New Japan?

Possibly both but definitely the latter with NJPW. They were pissed off when WWE took Nakamura from them. They changed how they did contracts because of that.

That was the generation before the generation before them. The generation before them is guys like Alex Shane and Doug Williams who worked their asses off to earn nothing... but did lay the foundations of the roads they're riding.

• Like 5

Yeah I was gonna make that point too. Fleisch and Storm, Doug Williams, Alex Shane (whether you like him or not) all laid the foundations in various ways for this big resurgence the UK scene has been having over the past five or so years.

30-ish years to get back on tv, all thanks to the old farts like Big Daddy and Mick McManus and Greg Dyke's disdain for the sport

• Like 2