DVDVR Message Board

SDL Sucks Now

RIPPA

The WWE medical staff released a statement (supposedly) where he basically said he thinks either a tendon or joint went out of place and went back in. Ryder's (again, supposedly) getting an MRI in the next couple days.

Both Nattie/Carmella and Alexa/Becky were pretty good and the best each woman has looked against the other. As much as I have liked Alexa's work, I wasn't keen on the title change but I can get behind fiery, enraged Becky and Alexa being a lying liar that lies.

I keep expecting some sort of swerve with the Nikki attack. 

1 minute ago, Jamal said:

I keep expecting some sort of swerve with the Nikki attack. 

With how over the top JBL has now gotten in that THE ONLY POSSIBLE PERSON WAS NATTIE!!!!

I am too convinced that they are going to have it be someone else (like a returning Eva Marie or something)

• Like 1

It's gonna be Mickie she was in Toronto afterall. Let's hope hey don't go for a worked/shoot angle but maybe they could reprise the Savage/Flair feud with Nikki as Savage and Mickie as Flair and Cena as Elizabeth, which I would find oddly entertaining.

Or it's gonna randomly be Naomi just for the swerve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was wondering if something happened because after the match he wouldn't get off the ring apron and Mojo kept looking at him concerned.

And on that tip - why weren't the Usos in the Battle Royal? Is one of them hurt again? They clearly were in town because they were out and about in during the day meeting the troops

One of them(I can never tell the difference) hurt his ankle. They were on Talking Smack and he showed off the aircast he was wearing. They lobbied to DB to immediately become #1 contenders with the potential Ryder injury(which they acknowledged) so I imagine they aren't too far off.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read til the end of the thread when replying.

I'm thinking they'll drag it out for awhile, then reveal the attacker as Mickie James.

From the way they're playing it, it obviously isn't Natayla.

Wasn't Natayla a heel before the team loyalty thing started?

Edit: Sublime beat me to it while I was posting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm thinking they'll drag it out for awhile, then reveal the attacker as Mickie James.

From the way they're playing it, it obviously isn't Natayla.

Wasn't Natayla a heel before the team loyalty thing started?

Edit: Sublime beat me to it while I was posting.

Yea, Nattie was which messes with the nice 3 on 3 dynamic they had going lol But I can definitely get behind Mickie as the attacker as "crazy Mickie" is a fun Mickie. Maybe even throw in a little of "delusional country star Mickie" from TNA. 

Other things from Talking Smack:

- DBry opens talking about the original Smackdown set and says "I guess Smackdown is really into fisting"

- AJ redoes his Chinfluenza joke and DBry points out to AJ that making fun of Ellsworth's chin is bullying and that this company is anti-bullying.

- I think Jey has the ankle injury.  They do the heavy lobby for the title shot.  Segment also features them naming great tag teams and Jey getting pissed when DBry shakes their hands as Shawn (Jimmy) and Marty (Jey) but brings up that Marty was an IC Champ.  Also features Jimmy passing a break dance move to DBry and then everyone goofing on Renee's broken chickenwing dance.

- Alexa comes out and is selling that she really hurt her leg despite that they call her out on throwing kicks with her hurt leg before selling it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

- I think Jey has the ankle injury.  They do the heavy lobby for the title shot.  Segment also features them naming great tag teams and Jey getting pissed when DBry shakes their hands as Shawn (Jimmy) and Marty (Jey) but brings up that Marty was an IC Champ.  Also features Jimmy passing a break dance move to DBry and then everyone goofing on Renee's broken chickenwing dance.

Even funnier was Jimmy himself calling Jey "Marty". Jimmy also said he was Jeff and Jey was Matt, he was Bret and Jey was The Anvil and he was Michael and Jey was Tito. Good stuff.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Becky was trying to do that, but the ref kept stopping her.

She could have run to the opposite side of the ring and slid out to catch up to her.  I get what you're saying, but it's been done many times.

It pains me to say it because I adore Becky, but yes she did look like an idiot.

• Like 2

The ref should've restarted the count once there was contact by the other wrestler - that counts as interfering with the count.

I know that's a nitpick, but I always nitpick refereeing.

If they wanted to do it that way, have Becky stay back in "WTF?" surprise while Alexa actually, y'know, WALKS OUT.  As in, backstage.  When Money Inc did it, they wouldn't even look back on the way out.

43 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

She could have run to the opposite side of the ring and slid out to catch up to her.  I get what you're saying, but it's been done many times.

It pains me to say it because I adore Becky, but yes she did look like an idiot.

The thing is Alexa wasn't running. She was feigning injury. The ref usually stops people from attacking when a supposed injury has occurred. Pretty sure you are subject to dq if you keep attacking. Not saying it was done well, I just get the general idea of it.

48 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

The ref should've restarted the count once there was contact by the other wrestler - that counts as interfering with the count.

Becky didn't attack until after the count.

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The thing is Alexa wasn't running. She was feigning injury. The ref usually stops people from attacking when a supposed injury has occurred. Pretty sure you are subject to dq if you keep attacking. Not saying it was done well, I just get the general idea of it.

Becky didn't attack until after the count.

If the ref suspected an injury he sure as shit wouldn't count somebody out.  He'd go right up to the wrestler and ask repeatedly if they're okay.  Then he'd use discretion and either let it continue or stop the match.  Like when Enzo got KTFO'd in that tag match against Vaudevillains.  He hovered over Enzo ensuring that others knew to back up.

So again, if she was possibly injured why did the ref count her out instead of asking her if she was okay?  There's a disconnect that's hard to get past on this one.

Reading the topic title without seeing the show, I thought this was unusual for Smackdown Live. Having watched the show, I know why with RIPPA and his Dolph Ziggler hate. Good seeing Luke Harper looking dominant, he and Cesaro are the two wrestlers in WWE deserving of the big push.

• Like 1