DVDVR Message Board

Roadblock II

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Foley should offer up Sami to Bryan in exchange for Dean Ambrose. It works because RAW get the 'better' end of the deal and because Bryan is an idiot who would trade his top regular babyface for a friend that has been slumming in Raw's midcard.

Pretty good show overall but so much of this stuff feels really directionless. Hopefully they can get some longer term plans really moving now that we are on the "Road to WreslteMania"tm

*Points to sign*

Dude, Ambrose is going to be in a feud with fucking James Elsworth and then probably gunning for the Intercontinental Title. The only reason he is not in the midcard now is because John Cena and Undertaker rather not work consecutive Tuesdays. They are monthly. Dean Ambrose is midcard material. Sami should be top babyface by all inetents and purposes. but Raw is fucking stupid. I wouldn't trade Dean for Sami. Maybe Baron Corbin...I feel that is an equal trade because there are too many heels on Smackdown.

And honestly, thank god for Adrian Neville interfering. The thing about the Cruiserweights is that they can outwork anybody in the company. They have potential to be next level. The problem is the beginning of this endeavor. Foley basically did to them what Stephanie did to the Divas Revolution. There was no ease. Then there was the poor booking and giving TJ shitty lines and a live mic.

These guys don't need to talk a lot. If you want their stories to get across, you have to do more than change the ring ropes and make the lighting purple. 

Okay, I am in the minorty here, but I do not like the Sasha vs Charlotte matches as much as some people here. The Falls Count Anywhere match was great. But everything else was hit or miss. I also did not like seeing Sasha bleeding from the mouth because I was confused if it was her hair or blood or bloody hair. The damn matches have run their course and Charlotte should not have the belt. She just shouldn't. She is a great champion and wrestler, but Sasha is better, if a little too risky.

Roman Reigns vs KO was okay. Hated the finish. I would rather have had KO beat Reigns clean because fuck that. Reigns should lose. He should steer fucking clear from main eventing Wrestlemainia. No one wants it. I don't want it. His best match of the year was AJ Styles. I like him doing his Michael Elgin impersonation, but let someone else main event Wrestlemania. The WWE should get out of the habit of focusing their entire organization around one star and create more than 3 because they have probably the most talented roster of guys in terms of ring ability than they ever had.

• Like 2

If it's true - who really gives a damn that Demolition aren't the record holders anymore?

Demolition doesn't care, its just a few die hard fans. 

To para[rase Gilbert Gotfried. He was lamenting that Robert Deniro was ruining his legacy doing bad movies. Some suggested that Deniro doesn't care about his legacy. To which Gotfried said "Dammit I care about it." 

That is what being a fan is. 

Also for the record I supported New Day from the start. I thought it was foolish they lost the belts to the Prime Time Players for no reason. But the booking of the tage division has been poor since the split due to how badly the teams were divided. 

Also Demolition are still the longest reigning duo. 

because they have probably the most talented roster of guys in terms of ring ability than they ever had.

They have the most athletic roster, but in working ability they have a ways to go. From Rollins maiming people along with Zayn and Owens no selling suplexs to a degree that would make Kurt Angle blush. 

I know Gregg is always gonna be extreme positive on the women's matches but to say ALL 5 Sasha/Charlotte matches were better than (off the top of my head)

• Ziggler/Miz (the IC title vs. Career one)
  • AJ/Reigns
  • AJ/Cena
  • AJ/Ambrose
  • KO/Ambrose
  • The 4 way IC match from Extreme Rules
  • Sami/KO (the one that was SUPPOSED to be their final match)

is just silly and discredits their actual good matches

• Like 11

(Come on people, when you quote Vic's diatribes in full, it defeats the purpose of me having him on ignore.)

So, was this the deadest PPV crowd of the year? Jericho and the "Ten" chants were the only things that got sustained reactions, and most of the matches were dead silent five minutes in. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Re: "Deadest crowd" 

I'm not arguing to be a dick,  but isn't every December show considered to be god awful? 

When was the last good one?

Two weeks ago. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, w. josh said:

(Come on people, when you quote Vic's diatribes in full, it defeats the purpose of me having him on ignore.)

So, was this the deadest PPV crowd of the year? Jericho and the "Ten" chants were the only things that got sustained reactions, and most of the matches were dead silent five minutes in. 

This obviously planted or informed by someone to be goofy fan would disagree with you

C0DVt4TXgAIx0qI.jpg

What IS their obsession with crowd reaction shots all the sudden?  I was watching Raw a few weeks back and I swear to god, they showed a replay OF the crowd reacting WHILE the match was going on.  Like, the guys actually wrestling got bumped to the corner of the screen so we could see some goober make a funny face, in case we missed it 10 seconds ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Did anyone else notice someone in the crowd with a sign that read: Lex Luger 1958-2016?

I didn't hear anything about Luger passing away, so I had to look it up. Sure enough, Lex Luger isn't dead.

#fakenews

RAW's babyface situation is really dire. Reigns is as hated as ever and Rollins babyface run has gotten over like a fart in church. This Shield "reunion" is probably supposed to feel like a really big deal but they almost seemed like the heels at the end of the show. They really missed the boat badly on not turning Rollins face immediately when he returned and they're paying for it now.

I haven't watched Raw in months, and nothing I'm reading here makes me want to watch this show. I'm bummed that the cruisers have flopped so hard, but they way they introduced the division was terrible. Kendrick looked like the best worker in the company before being brought up to work the stale house style. Honestly AJ is about the only worker I'd go out of my way to watch on the main roster right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I know Gregg is always gonna be extreme positive on the women's matches but to say ALL 5 Sasha/Charlotte matches were better than (off the top of my head)

• Ziggler/Miz (the IC title vs. Career one)
  • AJ/Reigns
  • AJ/Cena
  • AJ/Ambrose
  • KO/Ambrose
  • The 4 way IC match from Extreme Rules
  • Sami/KO (the one that was SUPPOSED to be their final match)

is just silly and discredits their actual good matches

Revival/DIY was better than any of those matches. I loved Dolph Miz. Sami/KO was great but I think the Sasha/Charlotte matches were just as hate-filled. 

But what am I missing? The two Raw traditional match singles changes were great. The Last Man Standing was insane. Last night's match was awesome. HITC has a split verdict. 

All five of those should be on a Top 10 MOTY list. 

7 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Revival/DIY was better than any of those matches. I loved Dolph Miz. Sami/KO was great but I think the Sasha/Charlotte matches were just as hate-filled. 

But what am I missing? The two Raw traditional match singles changes were great. The Last Man Standing was insane. Last night's match was awesome. HITC has a split verdict. 

All five of those should be on a Top 10 MOTY list. 

I didn't include any NXT and CWC stuff because I wasn't sure if you were saying WWE as a whole or just the WWE "Big Promotion" stuff.

If you add NXT and CWC - I can think of at least 5 matches in the discussion that are at least better than HITC or last night.

Last night is going to be just as divisive as HITC since it was a match that was wrestled well but was hurt by booking and crowd (how one makes that decision is there own)

But my general point was you said that all 5 Sasha/Charlotte matches could be the Top 5 WWE matches of the year and that isn't even remotely true

I guess just for the record - the CWC/NXT stuff

• Sami/Nak
  • AA/Revival
  • Bayley/Asuka II (at a min better than HITC and last night)
  • Revial/DIY (which Gregg already mentioned)
  • Metalik/Tozawa
  • Ibushi/Kendrick
  • Metalik/Perkins
  • Ibushi/Cedric

I know I am forgetting some

• Like 1