DVDVR Message Board

Roadblock II

Dolfan in NYC

Should have done Rollins/Reigns vs. Jericho/Owens as the main event. Title on the line. Winner of the fall gets the title, their partner is #1 contender at the Rumble, losing team face off to determine who gets 1 and 30 respectively at the Rumble. Logical start of the Owens/Jericho program, makes Rollins a real threat at 30, and gives a good story of Reigns going in at #1 again.

Instead two singles matches I couldn't care less about.

• Like 2

So is this really only a 5 match card? Why put Rusev v Cass on the preshow when the card has so few matches. No tag title match announced, so I'm guessing there will be some sort of angle there. Just seems very light and that they'll be stretching for time by the end.

Roman v Owens - Universal Title

Sasha v Charlotte - IronMan Match for the Women's Title

Rollins v Jericho

Swann v Kendrick v Perkins - Cruiserweight Title

Sami Zayn v Strowman - 10 Minute Challenge Match

Strange that there's no Tag Title match yet. They could do a tag team turmoil match at the PPV with the winners getting a tag title match immediately afterwards. They have enough teams to do it, Sheamus & Cesaro, The Club, Golden Truth, The Shinning Stars and Enos and Cass and yes I know Enzo has a match but they can tape up his ribs or something and play the hurt underdog that won't die.

Five teams is enough for a gauntlet match. I don't know what else they would do. I like the New Day but they broke the record it's time to take the belts off them. Sheamus & Cesaro, The Club or Enzo & Cass are all viable candidates for Tag Team Champions. Or have Golden Truth win the Turmoil match, go over the New Day have a one day run and then be destroyed by the Club the next night on Raw.

7 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

So is this really only a 5 match card? Why put Rusev v Cass on the preshow when the card has so few matches. No tag title match announced, so I'm guessing there will be some sort of angle there. Just seems very light and that they'll be stretching for time by the end.

Roman v Owens - Universal Title

Sasha v Charlotte - IronMan Match for the Women's Title

Rollins v Jericho

Swann v Kendrick v Perkins - Cruiserweight Title

Sami Zayn v Strowman - 10 Minute Challenge Match

Even if Owens/Reigns goes long I doubt it's going to go longer than the women's match.  Estimates-

Owens/Reigns - 20 mins + entrances & promos = 25

Charlotte/Sasha - 30 mins + entrances & promos = 40 (I'd expect this to be the main)

Rollins/Jericho - 15 mins + entrances & promos = 20

Swann/Kendrick/Perkins - 15 mins + entrances & promos = 20 (and I doubt it's going that long)

Sami/Braun - 10 + entrances & promos = 15

That's two hours, and even if you throw on another 15 minutes or so for ads and other fluff, it's still going to be considerably shorter than an episode of Raw.  It doesn't make sense they'd make such a big deal out of New Day's title reign length and then not even give them a match on the card.  A tag gauntlet on the preshow with a surprise debut of The Revival with a title match on the main show would do well to fill it out even if it was an afterthought.

Enzo vs Rusev with Rusev going over and going after Enzo's ribs real bad. Start off the main show with the Tag Team Turmoil, Have Enzo and Cass come out as the the fourth team, beat two teams with Enzo favoring his taped up ribs as the matches progress have them win and celebrate as if they are getting the title match, have The Club be the team they pinned last so Gallows and Anderson jump them from behind leaving Enzo in the ring, and The Club brawls with Cass through the crowd and to the back.  Then the Revival come out, Enzo holds his own against the two until all the damage he has suffered to his ribs finally becomes too much and the revival win.

Next Up New day comes out, does their deal and The Reveal win the titles. Rematch against The New Day at Royal Rumble. Run Enzo and Cass vs The Club on the RR Kickoff show, Enzo and Cass go over exacting revenge from the attack at Roadblock. Run Enzo and Cass vs The Revival for the titles at Fastlane, Revival go over, due to The Club interfering at Enzo and Cass' expense. Wrestlemania time comes along have a Four Way match Revival vs New Day vs. The Club vs Enzo and Cass with Enzo and Cass winning the title. Next night on Raw After Mania have the Club go over Enzo and Cass for the belts. Club hold the belts until SummerSlam when Enzo and Cass get them back. Next month at Clash of Champions Revival go over Enzo and Cass and get a lenghty run losing them at Mania 34 to the next hot young team.

I agree that Sash should finally get a long run, A feud with Nia would be awesome have Nia throw Sasha around with Sasha somehow busting out the win, showing she is a fighting champion. Give her Tamina at Fastlane same thing make Sasha the giant killer so see seems undeafable. Have Baley go over Charlotte at RR, Charlette a few weeks later gets the rematch in a lenghty and competitive match on Raw, Baley gets the rubber match at Fastlane also securing the No. 1 contendership for the Womens Title. Sasha vs Bayley at Wrestlemania, with the build being two best froiends for the title but slowly every week Sasha's jealously and cattiness towards Baley gets less and less subtle and more blatant. Bayley goes over after a match with sometime, they hug afterwards but you can see its not really sitting well with Sasha. on the Wrestlemania Kickoff or on the main show, Charlotte wins a gauntlet match where she earns a title shot for the Womens Chmapionship. Raw After Wrestlemania Charlotte gets her title shot and goes over Bayley (one day reigns, my "lights going and somebody new being in the ring when they come back on".) after Sasha interferes by doing something like pushing Bayley off the top rope, setting up the Sasha and Bayley feud. At Payback or Extreme Rules whichever one Raw gets do a threeway Baley vs Sasha vs Charlotte, Bayley regains the Championship. Bayley vs Sasha all summer.

Bayley vs Sasha can be WWE's Women version of Sting vs Luger. They can feud, they can team, you can incorporate other people to the feud. You can always come back to it.

Sorry for fantasy booking outside of the fantasy booking thread.

Predictions:

Kevin Owens retains the WWE Universal Championship against Roman Reigns.

Charlotte regains the RAW WWE Women's Championship from Sasha Banks.

Cesaro/Sheamus beat the New Day for the WWE RAW Tag Team Championship. I wouldn't be surprised if New Day retain so there's no change in 2016.

Rich Swann retains the WWE Cruiserweight Championship from TJ Perkins and Brian Kendrick.

Seth Rollins beats Chris Jericho.

My first attempt at calling Braun Strowman something else...

Bruan Shaver beats Sami Zayn.

I live 10 mins from the arena and this is the first WWE show in years I could care less about getting tickets to.  A lot of my friends feel the same way.   We seem to get a lot of ironman matches in PGH.   Benoit-HHH,  Cena-Orton,  Sasha-Charlotte  and I am sure I am forgetting one or two.  The Brawny-Zayn match could be fun, but the show looks very predictable on paper.

I fully expect opinions to be split on Charlotte vs Sasha as always. I thought the work was solid to start and excellent by the end. I'm sure some people will disagree with the booking but I don't like to hold that against the wrestlers. The limb work by Charlotte would make her father proud. That's a proper dissection of a knee. Not sure where I'd place it in their series.

The tag opener was a lot of fun. It's impossible for Cesaro and Sheamus not to have a good match these days.

Felt like everything else was just kinda there.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the tag match and the last half of the women's match. 

But Charlotte winning the title again. Yawn.  The feud is Sasha/Bayley, not Charlotte/Bayley.  But Vince. Sasha might not even be on WrestleMania.

Main event was okay but it sucks when you're expecting Jericho, you get Jericho and then it's another DQ finish.  Which makes no sense because Reigns will receive a rematch because of this. How the fuck was that a "master plan"?   It didn't solve anything..

This was a RAW basically.

2 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Way more than 6 guys have won the Rumble, US title, World title and tag titles surely?

Reigns, Cena, Edge, Benoit, and then if you count WCW history/tags - Luger, Bret, Flair and Austin

Benoit's out... then they could easily discount Bret and Luger's tie in the Rumble to make their number work.

I liked pretty much everything on the show until the main. Tag, Women, and Braun were all great. Cruisers match was eh, but heel Neville made up for that and then some. 

• Like 1