DVDVR Message Board

Roadblock II

Dolfan in NYC

Second PPV of the year called Roadblock... because calling it Armageddon or better yet, Starrcade would have just been dumb.

For the WWE Universal Championship - Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns (WWE US Champ)

30-Minute Iron Person Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship - Sasha Banks (c) loses to er... vs. Charlotte

Seth Rollins vs Chris Jericho

Probable: 

For the WWE Tag Team Championship - New Day (c) vs. The Club vs. Cesaro/Sheamus

"How Long Can He Bump" Match - Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman

Big Cass vs Rusev

16 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

If this were the attitude era, one of them would have held the hardcore title by now.

Angry Brock uses one as a weapon and wins the Tag Titles between now and Rumble.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brysynner said:

I think I'm in the minority but calling it Starrcade would be dumb. Having WCW's marquee PPV name be used for a throwaway RAW PPV is just wrong

Like they already did with Great American Bash?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I haven't heard much today, but I know I can't be the only one who has Charlotte vs Sasha closing again. 

Probably. They have the best and most heated feud going on the show, despite the obnoxious 50/50-ness of the results. I was hoping they'd go for an I Quit match, but iron man is fine. Hopefully "End of the Line" includes WWE's interpretation of Charlotte's ppv streak. This will be match 6 of their unofficial best of 7 since the split with Sasha leading 3-2.

Nothing else on this show jumps out, although I'm sure the matches will be fine. Standard Raw fare. Sami/Braun is probably the most intriguing match on the men's side. People still don't care about Roman, Rollins/Jericho is total filler that they've run several times on Raw already, and Enzo's a jackass that should get beaten up by Rusev so I'm not as into angry Cass as I should be.

I feel like Bash at the Beach replaced GAB by 94 as WCW's top Summertime show, if not as the most important overall. It always seemed to have the biggest spectacle and "new era" moments in the latter half WCW's existence. It had the first Hogan/Flair match, the NWO of course, the celebrity matches with Rodman and Malone, and Booker T's first title win which should've been a big moment if the company wasn't already on life support.

Starrcade still had some prestige up to 97, but then they ran 3 super shitty finishes in a row that should've never been conceived for a company's "most important show of the year."

On 12/7/2016 at 5:53 AM, J.T. said:

ROADBLOCK~!

I loved Roadblock but Holy Crap he had the worst big man finisher ever.

I'm suprised his finish or some variation of it isn't something we see done on the indies 27 times a match nowadays. 

Gotta love the way he just does it like a belly flop with such grace. 

• Like 1