DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Consequences of messing around with married women

Niners Fan in CT

1 hour ago, The Z said:

Is War Games more violent than Elimination Chamber or Hell in a Cell?

More importantly, if War Games happens in WWE who will assume the role of Road Warrior Hawk and shout out the word Fuck after getting hit in the groin every five minutes?

5 hours ago, steve said:

Beyond nostalgia, there's no real benefit to doing the two ring set up. There's no reason not to have done the 3-v-3 chamber by this point, though.

This was a match you could do in previous WWE games, though sadly not this year.  I had so much fun doing War Games style matches and it definitely made me long for such a match to happen.  It's not that hard to do, and with it coming up next year it'd be cool as anything to see on there.

Who would play the Sid role of lumbering stiff that punches badly and tries to injure cruiserweights? Corbin? Even he's better than Sid though.

The whole issue with War Games is not if it's more violent than EC or HIAC. It's that there will be no blood, and EVERYONE bled in War Games. You can probably argue that EC and HIAC, with the spots they have to come up with, are more violent and dangerous than a bunch of guys pushing their faces up against the cage and blading and taking low blows. 

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

More importantly, if War Games happens in WWE who will assume the role of Road Warrior Hawk and shout out the word Fuck after getting hit in the groin every five minutes?

Enzo will do the verbage and take the groin shots from Rusev. Cass will do the press slamming of people into the cage.

• Like 2

War Games is one of those things I'm not sure why everyone wants it back so bad. It was pretty much WCW's version the modern HIAC ppv where wrestlers were forced into a gimmick that wasn't necessary just because it was that time of year and devalued the concept very quickly.

3 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I don't think Owens would have the stamina.

Thirty minute match. And WWE's had plenty of mutiman matches where someone's knocked out of commission and lays about for a third of the bout. He'd be fine.

• Like 1

On 06 December 2016 at 5:09 AM, Greggulator said:

I'm starting the push for Charlotte to go far in March Madness now. She's become absolutely spectacular. That was a great segment from her. It felt like a lot of different emotions -- the "you don't know what it's like" star child into the "all I wanted was Dad's approval" -- felt real. Like a very understandable motivation. And then the slap and all of Charlotte's anger -- the father who wasn't there/who she idolizes/who she'll never eclipse dared give a nod to her greatest opponent. She no doubt planned on slapping the taste from her dad's mouth, but the emotions to lure him into that moment came from a real place. (And it probably DID come from a real place.)

That beatdown was awesome. Charlotte just heeled it up bigtime with her taunts and trash talk and viciousness. She looked like just a heartless, cruel and broken woman inside. She's filled with all sorts of doubts and worries and she's taking it out on other people (Ric) and getting in cheap shots on Sasha instead of making herself better.

A+ storytelling from Charlotte tonight.

She's been in five of the best matches of the year. And, yes, they're all with Sasha. But Charlotte's been the star of the feud. And she is quite possibly the best performer on Raw.

I like WWE’s definition of feud ender. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte in Hell in a Cell at the Hell in a Cell show didn’t end it. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks in a No disqualification, no count out, falls count anywhere match on RAW last week didn’t end things either. Now it’s Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte in an Iron Woman match at Roadblock: End of the Line. I’m not complaining though, they have great chemistry. This is my feud of the year over AJ Styles vs. Roman Reigns and the Miz vs. Daniel Bryan. Still prefer Sasha Banks to any other women's wrestler in the WWE.

• Like 1

I'm with you Natural. I still think Sasha is the best all around worker on the main roster.  She has Charlotte's 5 best matches, Arguably Bayley's two best matches, Becky's best match and Naomi's best match.

All of the combinations of Charlotte/Bayley/Becky/Naomi etc.  haven't been as good as when they are paired with Sasha. I say main roster because Asuka has an argument.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm with you Natural. I still think Sasha is the best all around worker on the main roster.  She has Charlotte's 5 best matches, Arguably Bayley's two best matches, Becky's best match and Naomi's best match.

All of the combinations of Charlotte/Bayley/Becky/Naomi etc.  haven't been as good as when they are paired with Sasha. I say main roster because Asuka has an argument.

We're in agreement, Niners Fan in CT. Well put.

The problem with ending feuds these days is without other territories , it's hard to rehabilitate losers of blowoff feuds.  Some folks are bulletproof and that makes them super-valuable- people like Ambrose, and even Austin was like that- he lost more than a few blowoffs, but you only have so many draws, and losing a blowoff can damage drawing power.

Even shuffling them off to the other brand might only work so many times.

I'd argue it's even worse in the women's division because there's no secondary title.   This is an area where WWE's lack of respect for secondary titles is infuriating- it would be a great way to elevate folks who have been blown off- after they love their main event feud, give them a run with the IC/US belt to build them back up: those belts should alternate between rehabilitating folks and up-and-comers.

• Like 1

Anyone who says the Divas Revolution failed is so wrong. It took them a bit but they have two really strong divisions on different shows.

Like... Charlotte and Sasha are main eventing PPVs and Raws and it doesn't feel out of place. At all. Best feud since Sami/KO and on par with Wyatts/Shield.

The matchup may be repetitive but it is superb. All of their matches have been awesome, although the HITC has a divided opinion. They have also been worked so incredibly different.

I am so psyched for the IronWoman. That is my favorite gimmick match. Sasha/Bayley was one of my favorite matches ever with the truly iconic moment of Bayley kicking Sasha to get the last second win. 

Both are going to do some really fun things. Have to hope Sasha's body doesn't fold in two.

I think WWE's version of the Divas Revolution was a flop. The SummerSlam to Royal Rumble period where they hammered that home and had the teams was very weak.

The actual "revolution" came when they simply focused on Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha. They actually elevated the division to the point now where they can start plugging in new people. I'd prefer the credit go to the actual people who took this thing to a new level instead of WWE's "WE DID IT! LOOK AT US! YOU'RE NOT DIVAS NOW!" narrative.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2016 at 5:38 AM, The Z said:

Is War Games more violent than Elimination Chamber or Hell in a Cell?

Yeah.  SUBMIT or SURRENDER is the only way to win.

Blood being necessary for a good The War Games is a fallacy.  War Games is so easy.  It takes a special kind of stupid to mess up this match.  That said there's been more bad ones than good but the same can be said of Royal Rumbles.

Doing it in the Elimination Chamber would take the team strategery part out of it cause you know WWE would do random entries with silly light show effects and it'd always come down to the babyfaces being outnumbered 3-1 before another babyface's pod ever opened.

I would maintain the War Games rules, just for the Chamber.  Light show aside it can still have the same drama and strategy to get the job done.  If Vince is still so uptight about it just tell him the idea without mentioning War Games.  Whatever makes it more likely  to make it happen is good with me.