DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Consequences of messing around with married women

Niners Fan in CT

Is it me or did they ape the Torrie Wilson/Dawn Marie hotel segment in parts?  Red robe, champagne, strawberries, it all seemed familiar.  That said, they did manage to make Enzo not a completely horrible bastard.  At least he knew it was a bad idea when he got there but it was too late.  But despite that for the stuff he did the past couple weeks Rusev is still very much the face in this feud.

It gets said every week but this show is just SO LONG. That said, there was some good stuff tonight. I enjoyed Rusev murdering Enzo. I know Sasha and Charlotte have fought a hundred times now but I don't hate the idea of them eating up 30 minutes of ROAD BLOCK THE END OF THE LINE.

• Like 1

The closing angle on RAW was one of the best they've done in a long time. Everyone knew Charlotte was likely going to turn on Ric again but her performance from the slap on was elite level heeling. All the trash talk while she beat the ever loving shit out of Sasha was excellent. Dragging Sasha's lifeless body in front of Ric and mocking him as the crowd chants "CHARLOTTE SUCKS!" was perfect.

An absolute money angle leading into the Ironman Match.

KO/Zayn and Jericho/Roman were pretty good matches too tonight.

• Like 2

Also, it's a pretty bad idea to have multiple camera crews follow you on your booty calls.

Not a bad show all in all.  The Big Show got trotted out for his monthly appearance and his heel/face status changes so often nowadays that he actually turned mid-match.

• Like 1

Good stuff from Charlotte tonight. Watching her, it's amazing how far she's come. 

And I guess Alicia Fox is back to switching alignments whenever the mood suits creative. Although if she's going to be boiler bunny crazy, it's best to be so as a heel lol 

17 minutes ago, zev said:

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but Randy's issues with Liz really didn't have much to do with the business.   If people are going to break up, they do it. 

That and Randy married his "high school sweetheart" after divorcing Liz, so who the hell knows what was going on there.

AFAIK, Jimmy Garvin and Precious are still marred and their relationship survived the carny business because they both knew that angles are a part of the business. 

I'm starting the push for Charlotte to go far in March Madness now. She's become absolutely spectacular. That was a great segment from her. It felt like a lot of different emotions -- the "you don't know what it's like" star child into the "all I wanted was Dad's approval" -- felt real. Like a very understandable motivation. And then the slap and all of Charlotte's anger -- the father who wasn't there/who she idolizes/who she'll never eclipse dared give a nod to her greatest opponent. She no doubt planned on slapping the taste from her dad's mouth, but the emotions to lure him into that moment came from a real place. (And it probably DID come from a real place.)

That beatdown was awesome. Charlotte just heeled it up bigtime with her taunts and trash talk and viciousness. She looked like just a heartless, cruel and broken woman inside. She's filled with all sorts of doubts and worries and she's taking it out on other people (Ric) and getting in cheap shots on Sasha instead of making herself better.

A+ storytelling from Charlotte tonight.

She's been in five of the best matches of the year. And, yes, they're all with Sasha. But Charlotte's been the star of the feud. And she is quite possibly the best performer on Raw.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I AFAIK, Jimmy Garvin and Precious are still marred and their relationship survived the carny business because they both knew that angles are a part of the business. 

They've been married since 1972.

• Like 1