DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2016: Goin' Bowling & PLAYOFFS~

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Sucks to see the title game decided on a pick play, that's all I'll say.  That's gonna look really heroic set to a Hans Zimmer tune on the  Jumbotron for future generations.

Watson flat out said it was a pick in his post game interview, so I don't think they have any shame. 

The PI cost them the game though. I mean, they might have lost anyway, Williams might have caught it, but no way they tried to throw another pass from the nine if the flag wasn't thrown, and likely they'd be playing overtime right now.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Early on, it looked like Bama had figured Watson out... And that The Tide could run it down Clemson's throat. But wow. 

I wish Dabo wasn't so fucking insufferable though.

Bo going out with injury was a huge swing in the game.  Harris didn't play badly, but they're very different guys.

The offense basically had FOUR good plays the whole 2nd half: the TD pass to OJ and those crazy three plays on the final scoring drive.  Otherwise, they were shit and put the defense in an untenable situation.

Clemson definitely got away with picks on two touchdowns. 

Then again, Bama had two potential targeting calls ignored. 

Bama lost because their offense wasn't good enough, and they failed to seal the game away despite having multiple chances.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Watson flat out said it was a pick in his post game interview, so I don't think they have any shame. 

The PI cost them the game though. I mean, they might have lost anyway, Williams might have caught it, but no way they tried to throw another pass from the nine if the flag wasn't thrown, and likely they'd be playing overtime right now.

The thing that irks me about that pick (same as the one from earlier) is they didn't even do it WELL.  There's a way to rub a defender that I find acceptable, but they were straight up lowering their shoulders into dudes.

Worse, I don't feel like they even really needed to go there.  Clemson was good enough to win without resorting to a cheap play.  Hell, they could've just run that counter sweep with Watson that Bama didn't stop all night.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bama lost because their offense wasn't good enough, and they failed to seal the game away despite having multiple chances.

That is the truth.  Their 2nd half slump killed them.  I could see it coming the whole time.  Can't give Watson 90+ chances to score, because he will.

I'd also single out dumbass Tony Brown getting his lunch money taken by Renfrow all night.

On ESPN they just said something about how hard it is to get back to the title game after losing it the previous year and I'm like wait...

Just since the BCS started, FSU in 99, Oklahoma in 04, Ohio State in 07, and now Clemson. Doesn't seem that impossible.

Fuck Nick Saban.  This was the Return of the Jedi to last year's Empire Strikes back.

My heart sinks for the kids on the Tide team though.  They played their asses off. 

Poor Jalen Hurts nearly made some history there.

We should all really just congratulate Clemson on being Alabama State Champs this year. They beat our 3 best schools in the same calendar football season. Auburn, Troy, and Bama. All 3 were games within a possession too, and the best head coaching performance of the 3 games from the Alabama schools was probably Neal Brown.

And fuck.  The hits dominating the YouTubes are the one that spun Deshaun Jackson around and the helmet to helmet on Mike Williams that should've covered the field in yellow flags.

There are no vids of the absolutely beautiful and very illegal clothesline Jackson got pasted with in the first quarter.

So no video to accompany my joke that the best lariat thrown on Monday night did not happen in a WWE ring on Raw.

14 hours ago, EVA said:

Sucks to see the title game decided on a pick play, that's all I'll say.  That's gonna look really heroic set to a Hans Zimmer tune on the  Jumbotron for future generations.

The crew from the Michigan/Ohio game approves this post.