DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2016: Goin' Bowling & PLAYOFFS~

Dolfan in NYC

That reminded me of the Marcel Dareus interception against Texas in 2009.  Almost the exact same point in the game, too.

If not for the Bama offense going in the tank in the 2nd quarter, this would be a blowout by now.

I'm generally a big Kiffin defender and I often see the brilliance in his madness, but this was an awful game he called today.  It was obvious from the 1st quarter that this was Bo's day, and yet he basically disappeared until the 4th.

Honestly, barring garbage time points on either side, losing by seventeen isn't that bad a result for Washington. Even the columnists assigned "how Washington can win" pieces were mostly writing about how they didn't have a chance. They are getting beat soundly but not utterly embarrassed. 

I wonder if Petersen is going to stay there long term or look to get a job at a traditional power in the next couple years. Cause I'm not sure Washington is going to ever sign the talent needed to do better than this year. 

Go Tigers.

Man, the Peach Bowl was an experience. Glad I was able to watch a playoff semi-final live and hear the players' families hate Lane's play-calling just as much as everyone else, hahahaha.

Gotta admit that Clemson blowing the doors off of the Fightin' Urbs was quite unexpected. Especially shutting them out while doing it too.

Yeah, I'm not shocked Clemson won (I expected Ohio State to, but I'm a pessimist. Both teams have been just about as wildly inconsistent as a one loss team possibly can be, so either team winning seemed entirely possible, I just feel the buckeyes have an edge in raw talent) but 31-0?!? Goddamn, I said Goddamn

17 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Before this, I would have said that's crazy levels of poor mouthing. 

But they have just throttled Ohio State here.

I've said all season that Clemson is one of maybe two or three teams that could match up with Alabama.  Their DL is going to give Jalen and the OL a hard time all night, and obviously their offense is loaded.  Mike Williams is going to have a big game, I think, witht he way he abuses single coverage.

And it's not a great sign that Jalen has played his two worst games by far in the SEC title game and yesterday.  He may have hit the rookie wall.

The only things really trending in Bama's direction are Bo Scarbrough's emergence, which might be peaking at the right time, and the fact that Watson throws a ton of interceptions along with all the TDs.  But beyond that, I think it's really going to take a superhuman effort, even above and beyond what we've seen them do already, by the Bama defensive front for Alabama to win.