DVDVR Message Board

Best Commentating Teams

Monsoon and Ventura played off each other perfectly, especially Monsoon calling Monsoon out for condoning babyface cheating. It was pretty much theclosestthing you'll get ot an anti-hero on commentary.

Monsoon and Heenan... God I never get enough of their comedy

Jim Ross and and Bob Caudle are a very underrated tandem, same for Tony Schiavone and Caudle.

I don't care who ou are though, Rod Trongard and Lord James Blears are my fave! LJB being an horny old man for any women's match, Trongard always just calling the match. I lovd those 2 together!

James

56 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Jim Ross and and Bob Caudle are a very underrated tandem, same for Tony Schiavone and Caudle.

Actually Caudle with Lance Russell on the random WCW syndie shows is by far the best WCW duo

• Like 3

Gordon Solie and Lord Steven Regal on WCW Worldwide (International edition only). Never been bettered:

"Honestly Lord Regal, I'm surprised your opponent was able to get that reversal on you. With your technical ability, he shouldn't be able to hold you down like that."

"No no no, Mr Solie, I'm just inspecting the canvas for an small tears or rips. Go to save the company money, haven't we?"

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

JBL is not the best or anything but in the absence of Jerry Lawler these days I really like him. Monsoon and JR were both amazing, Lawler and Heenan as well as color commentators. Ultra Mantis Black is the best kept secret. Booker T and Dusty are pure fun. Scott Stanford is another secret gem.

And Coachman sucked and Tazz was a caricature on color commentary .

Heenan/Sciovane/Tenay was a drunk genius, a self loathing sociopath, and an earnest careful smark. Somehow their cobination woroed.

• Like 2

Schiavone, Heenan, and Dusty were really good together.

Ross was at his most tolerable with Heyman.

Monsoon and Ventura, Monsoon and Heenan, and Schiavone and Ventura were the beat all around.

Schiavone is seriously underrated all time.  He was fine until the nWo stuff devoured his soul and he stopped caring.

• Like 5