DVDVR Message Board

2016-2017 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

On 2/1/2017 at 6:42 PM, hammerva said:

C3lfOmaWIAAJFYI.jpg

:lol:    He announced that he is going to Illinois State this year 

What a shame I'm automatically predisposed to hating him. ;)

His father, Ray Buffalomeat, told the Tribune his son is "roughly one-quarter Cheyenne/Arapaho, one-quarter Cherokee, one-quarter Choctaw and one-quarter white."

And then there's this.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, EVA said:

They don't need to.  He's unhireable at this point.  He's done.

That's my feeling (he's done), but I expect to be disappointed in the near future when someone hires him.

Honestly, if I had to guess, I'd say he'll be hired at a name school in 3-4 years.  Won't happen this offseason and probably not next. but the stink will wear off sufficiently by 2019 for some ad to convince themselves they can manage the pr hit until he starts winning games,

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

That's my feeling (he's done), but I expect to be disappointed in the near future when someone hires him.

Honestly, if I had to guess, I'd say he'll be hired at a name school in 3-4 years.  Won't happen this offseason and probably not next. but the stink will wear off sufficiently by 2019 for some ad to convince themselves they can manage the pr hit until he starts winning games,

Thus, they should stick one on his ass(Bliss got 10 year order, but Briles isn't that bad) of say, five years, for any college related postion, just to make sure. . . .

Big 12 has announced it is going to withhold some revenue from Baylor until the program changes

The Big 12 board announced Wednesday that it will withhold 25 percent of future revenue distribution payments to Baylor, pending an outcome of a third-party verification review of required changes to the school's "athletics procedures and to institutional governance of its intercollegiate athletics programs."

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/18645194/big-12-withhold-cut-baylor-bears-future-revenue-assured-changes

Call me silly but that number should be 100%

• Like 1

Longtime Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has been diagnosed with throat cancer but is expected to be on the field for the start of the Wildcats' spring practice next month.

Snyder announced the diagnosis in a lengthy statement Monday, saying that he has been receiving treatment for three weeks and that doctors have "projected a positive outcome."

Like I said on Twitter, someone should have told God that he isn't the coach for Baylor because he got the wrong Big 12 head coach

In the one and only time an academic advisor's employment status has made the news:  Brittney Wagner of LAST CHANCE U fame is leaving East Mississippi CC......to work in marketing for Newk's (a restaurant chain in the South).

I'm shocked she's getting out of academics.  I thought it was only a matter of time before someone from the big leagues scooped her up.

Best of luck to all those cats down in Scooba who won't have her to drag their asses to class or keep them supplied with pencils or explain their reading assignments to them anymore. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Damn.  She was one of the shining stars in LCU.  Certainly will be interesting to see how the kids at EMCC are going to live without her.  

I just hope that they hire someone as dedicated as her.  So many of those kids seemed to not believe in themselves at all, and her dedication got those kids out of that little, fucked up ass town, and into a major college.

Ole Miss has self-imposed a bowl ban for the 2017 season based on the NOA they received from the NCAA today.

However, the allegations are severe enough that the word is the NCAA will seek a multi-year ban, loss of scholarships, and a show-cause for several coaches, including Hugh Freeze.  Basically, we're possibly looking at the most severe sanctions since USC.

INTERESTINGLY none of the Laremy Tunsil stuff made it into the NOA, despite all the draft night craziness.

• 2 months later...