DVDVR Message Board

2016-2017 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

This makes total sense. He had a lot of success at Bama, but it's Bama, they had success well before him.

Enough to redeem his name enough to get a Group of Five job, not enough for a Power Five. If he wins as FAU, he'll get another shot. If not, a good program will hire him as OC again.

Competition in South Florida got fierce this offseason, didn't it? Ā Butch Davis at FIU, Charlie Strong at USF, Lane Kiffin at FAU. Ā There's a lot of star power down there all the sudden. Ā It's certainly not gonna make things any easier for Richt at Miami.

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

Competition in South Florida got fierce this offseason, didn't it? Ā Butch Davis at FIU, Charlie Strong at USF, Lane Kiffin at FAU. Ā There's a lot of star power down there all the sudden. Ā It's certainly not gonna make things any easier for Richt at Miami.

Especially with FIU/FAU less than an hour away.

Man this is some shady shit. Ā I have heard of stealing stuff from your opponents but giving away secrets to other teamsĀ :blink:

Wake Forest has concluded that former player, assistant coach and team radio announcer Tommy Elrod provided or attempted to provide confidential game preparations to opponents several times starting in 2014, the school said in a statement Tuesday.

The school began a program-wide investigation last month after an equipment manager discovered Wake Forest plays inside Papa John's Cardinal Stadium the day before Wake and Louisville were set to play.

Ā 

• Like 1

LSU did hire Matt Canada. Ā Damn, they might actually be competent on offense this year.

Meanwhile, after one day on the job at FAU, Kiffin is already back to Kiffining. Ā He signed JUCO QB DeAndre Johnson, best remembered for getting bounced out of FSU for punching a woman in the face.

On ā€Ž12ā€Ž/ā€Ž12ā€Ž/ā€Ž2016 at 11:58 AM, EVA said:

When Lord Saban says it's time to GTFO, you GTFO and it doesn't matter where.

I'm nowhere near being in the know.Ā  But if even the couple of rumors I've heard about Kiffin are semi-true. . .I'm surprised Saban was able to deal with him this long, with Nick's lack of patience.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm surprised Saban was able to deal with him this long, with Nick's lack of patience.

So he has the same weakness as Serpenter from GI Joe? It all makes sense now...

2 hours ago, John Austin said:

Bama names Sark as the new OC and QB coach. I honestly don't know, is it good for Bama?

He's still a good offensive mind, so yes. He won't be radically changing the playbook, though he'll probably try and run more than Lane did.

On 12/16/2016 at 7:42 PM, APO said:

He's still a good offensive mind, so yes. He won't be radically changing the playbook, though he'll probably try and run more than Lane did.

Bammers whine about how much Kiffin throws the football. It's going to be fun to see them react to Sark's play-calling next year. However, if anyone can develop Hurts into an elite passer (outside of age and football maturity), it will be Sark.

I really had no problem with Lane throwing a lot, especially with the line seeming to be more adept at pass-pro instead of run-blocking. Just wished he'd have thrown the page of the playbook with the jet sweeps into a furnace, hahahaha.