DVDVR Message Board

2016-2017 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

IU is an interesting case.  They've seemed to be "on the verge" for the last 3-4 years. Then they inevitably get smashed by tOSU/Michigan.  I wonder if they back up the Brinks truck to some big name, could they bring the program into prominence. Guess we'll see. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Houston will also be interviewing Les Miles and Art Briles because clearly they give no fucks

And almost as quickly as that got out, Houston has put out a statement saying Briles definitely would NOT get an interview.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2016 at 3:44 PM, RIPPA said:

As more comes out, good on Indiana for making a move before the stories were public, and not just after pressure from outside.

It almost makes them look like they actually care about the welfare of their student athletes.

On 12/1/2016 at 3:40 PM, RIPPA said:

The store is now that Wilson resigned due to ""philosophical differences"

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18181577/indiana-hoosiers-football-coach-kevin-wilson-resigns

One of Wilson's DEFENDERS among his former players says Wilson once ripped his helmet off his head - while it was buckled - and then punched him. 

Defender. 

I know it's a soft field this year, but flat-out, Jabrill Peppers does not deserve to be there.  Most overhyped player in the country.  Talented guy, but he simply does not produce at an elite level at ANY of his many positions.

Westbrook wouldn't have made the cut in a normal year, but at least he's a legit Top 5 wide receiver, statistically.

I think Peppers could've had a legit shot at stealing it, but he needed to come up with at least a couple of huge plays in The Game, and at least one signature moment (punt return touchdowns against Ohio State are a proven method)

But he didn't, and even though Jackson cracked the open a bit his last few games, he's gonna run away with it.