DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

Just now, ChesterCopperpot said:

The lineup

Cztx1zRXAAALDyq.jpg:large

I have a feeling Rippa may have to branch this off into a new thread

I am planning on it when I get to my desk 

Right now I am booking a WWEUK Veterans Tournament in my head and wonder how far Clive Myers would realistically would get

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Wonder how many of those guys are part of the ITV WOS stuff that should be airing before New Years. 

None, there's no overlap.

Here are the results for that:

Spoiler

Match 1: Dave Mastiff defeated Grado to become the WoSW Champion

Match 2: Kenny Wiliams beat Sam Bailey, CJ Banks and Danny Hope in a Ladder Match

Match 3: Mark and Joe Coffey beat Rampage and Ashton Smith

Match 4: Viper beat Alexis Rose

Match 5: El Ligero beat Zack Gibson

Match 6: Grado won a Battle Royale featuring Sha Samuels, Jonny Moss, Ligero, Joe and Mark Coffey, becoming the No. 1 contender for the WoSW Championship

Match 7: Grado beat Mastiff for the WoWS title

I posted the line-up for the WWE UK tournament on the last page.

10 minutes ago, Omega said:

It's been less than a month since Linda McMahon has been apointed administrator of small buisness and WWE are already trying to put ITV/World of sport out of the wrestling business.

Apparently you don't get how American Exceptionalism works? 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Piper playing La Cucaracha on the bagpipes  in Los Angeles has to be pretty high.

Piper getting borderline riot heat off SAL BELLOMO is way up there too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Z said:

The line-up seems a bit lackluster. Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Pete Dunne are the only major names in this in my opinion, a few others who are alright.

If it's true that the WWE has control over those guys bookings and can tell them where not to work from that point forward, that would explain that.

Wouldn't Wolfgang be considered a major name?  He was world champion in ICW (At least the last time I watched it).

26 minutes ago, caley said:

Wouldn't Wolfgang be considered a major name?  He was world champion in ICW (At least the last time I watched it).

Well, yes, he's still the ICW champion,  but he doesn't work much outside of ICW.

Him, Jordan Devlin and the three guys I already mentioned were the only ones they mentioned by name during the press conference.

Speaking of jokes, woke up from the weirdest wrestling dreams (again). I was reffing a garbage match with Hogan, Bigelow, and somebody else where Hogan kept running off to steal somebody's magazine to draw up how he wanted to set up these ladders so they could grab light tubes off the ceiling. Then after it ended in a no contest everyone was gathered and talking and I looked to my left and Mitsuharu Misawa was standing next to me. I followed him around asking him who he was wrestling in the states and I couldn't understand his responses so I told him I'd look it up. He turned around to me and asked for some shirts, some underwear, and some socks (he couldn't remember the word for socks and I filled in the blank for him) then ran downstairs to be his gofer and grab them out of my own room in this giant castle. 

The rest was just as weird but way too elaborate to get into, unfortunately Misawa vanished after that

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of jokes, woke up from the weirdest wrestling dreams (again). I was reffing a garbage match with Hogan, Bigelow, and somebody else where Hogan kept running off to steal somebody's magazine to draw up how he wanted to set up these ladders so they could grab light tubes off the ceiling. Then after it ended in a no contest everyone was gathered and talking and I looked to my left and Mitsuharu Misawa was standing next to me. I followed him around asking him who he was wrestling in the states and I couldn't understand his responses so I told him I'd look it up. He turned around to me and asked for some shirts, some underwear, and some socks (he couldn't remember the word for socks and I filled in the blank for him) then ran downstairs to be his gofer and grab them out of my own room in this giant castle. 

The rest was just as weird but way too elaborate to get into, unfortunately Misawa vanished after that

Did you know how to speak Japanese, or did Misawa speak English?

Why do your dreams break kayfabe so badly?

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I wonder what wXw must be thinking. Doesn't this steal their thunder a bit from the 16 Carat Gold tourney?

16 Carat Gold is more like a Super-Indy tournament on European ground. The names announced so far for next year are all Americans (Cody Rhodes, Paul London, Matt Riddle and David Starr). It's also in a different month and a different country, so I don't think this will affect them much.

Misawa had halting, poor English. 

Forgot about this, in that huddle I was talking about how workers don't need to be so stiff unless they're in Japan... right before I turned my head and noticed Misawa standing there. Quite embarrassing. 

Oh and I also remarked at how he was only like two inches shorter than I was to myself. (I'm 6', 6'1'')

54 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The size of the ring will have to be at least slightly different due to the metric system

That's why you call a 20x20 WWE Ring a Royale Ring.

• Like 20