DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

This is what happens when people other than me start threads.

And just for the record - there was no way to exit out of that with closing the thread so I pulled the rip cord

If you can't figure out why - I STRONGLY suggest finding another message board

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, John Austin said:

I haven't seen it mentioned much, but we now have a dearth of wrestling streaming services, WWE network, FloSlam, Powerslam, HighspotsTV, NWA Classics, and others I haven't even mentioned. Has anyone tried ALL of them? Or any of them outside the WWE network?

Trask needs to update it but here is a guide that could help figure it out

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/the-definitive-guide-to-wrestling-streaming-services/

It's being reported that Elimination Chamber will be in Phoenix in February, i'm thinking of making the drive from Vegas to see it. Last Elimination Chamber PPV i was at was in 2009 when it was in Seattle when Edge took out Kofi and won the title.  

From the newest WON

Elimination Chamber, which will be a Raw only PPV, takes place on 2/12 at the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix. There will be a Smackdown only Fast Lane PPV on 3/5 at the BMO Harris Bank Center in Milwaukee. We got a listing of 18 PPV dates in 2017. The last number WWE publicized was 19. Because of WWE Network numbers falling even with two PPVs in recent months, meaning they are spending more money and still falling in paid subscriptions, there was very serious talk of cutting back to 16 shows in 2017, which would mean some changes in the planned schedule. The original scheduled plan was Extreme rules as a Smackdown only show and Money in the Bank (6/18) as a Smackdown only show, but the schedule and plans have changed and that may or may not affect those shows and dates. The shows and dates listed above are all confirmed as being accurate at this point with tickets going on sale this week for Phoenix and next week for Milwaukee.

1 hour ago, John Austin said:

I haven't seen it mentioned much, but we now have a dearth of wrestling streaming services, WWE network, FloSlam, Powerslam, HighspotsTV, NWA Classics, and others I haven't even mentioned. Has anyone tried ALL of them? Or any of them outside the WWE network?

Dearth means lack, you mean surplus. I love NWA Classics, easily the coolest thing in wrestling right now and well worth a try. They just unearth hidden gem after hidden gem. Just yesterday they put up Nick Bockwinkle v. Dick Slater 2/3 falls for the AWA title, didn't know that was a thing that existed right? Now you want to see it right?

• Like 6

So, if there's an Elimination Chamber in February...and it's a RAW ppv would that be a huge hint that a Smackdown guy is winning the Royal Rumble?

I'd love to see a Women's chamber, but at the same time I'm afraid to see Sasha finally get the chance to climb up and dive off the top.

Speaking of the WON, when do the WON awards come out? If I sign up now can I be a voter?

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer. I want to vote for Lucha Underground for worst promotion, even though I know TNA will win.

Don't worry Zakk TNA has won literally 8 years in a row, they are an unstoppable juggernaut in the worst promotion category. The only possible thing that could stop them at this point would be a Global Force Wrestling primetime cable show. So if you see Jeff Jarret buying lottery tickets, hit him with a fake guitar.

2 hours ago, Matt788 said:

Don't worry Zakk TNA has won literally 8 years in a row, they are an unstoppable juggernaut in the worst promotion category. The only possible thing that could stop them at this point would be a Global Force Wrestling primetime cable show. So if you see Jeff Jarret buying lottery tickets, hit him with a fake guitar.

I was talking about the LU part of your post. I'm way behind on watching the show, but I just love the overall presentation. The matches are great, but the look of the show is just so much different from everything else going on. Even if it's not your cup of tea stylistically, I still think worst promotion of the year is a real overstatement, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Outside of the Kevin Sullivan stuff, which is terrible and also thankfully probably ending with Corino heading to WWE, ROH isn't that bad. It's also not really good either. Is there a WON award for "Most Average Promotion of the Year"?

• Like 1