DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... for now

RIPPA

Per WON

WWE officials have confirmed that Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker are being advertised locally for the January 9th Raw episode in New Orleans and will be appearing on the show

The appearance is expected to build something for the Royal Rumble three weeks later in San Antonio.

Undertaker was largely expected on the show in some form, perhaps in the Rumble itself. The only other role that would make sense, a match with A.J. Styles, seems to be set for John Cena instead. The destination for WrestleMania was as of a few days ago most likely Undertaker vs. Cena, but at the time Vince McMahon was not 100 percent with that match but leaning in that direction.

A Michaels appearance at the Rumble in some form was expected because it was being held at the Alamodome in San Antonio. Michaels is the biggest wrestling star who is a native of San Antonio, and is currently working for WWE as a coach in Orlando, Florida.

It is unclear what role Michaels will play in the show. Michaels retired in 2010 after losing to The Undertaker at WrestleMania and has insisted for years that he wouldn't wrestle in another match. There are a number of different roles, from referee to enforcer to a second where he could be a major part of the show if he's not wrestling. Styles had said that he would have liked to face Michaels, but with Cena earmarked for that match, that doesn't appear likely.

15 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think it's a great idea to have Ronda come in and fight someone on the big stage. But I'm not crazy about her being a fulltime competitor unless she goes the NXT route and I'm not sure how that would work.  She'd get the training and the development she would need down there but it might not make sense to pay her to work down there.

The training and development in the Performance Center would be the biggest thing to convert from MMA to pro wrestling.

...and if you're not sure how that would work, the simple answer is:

"NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III, NXT Women's Championship: Asuka vs. Ronda Rousey." 

...that's how it works. 

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

...with the added caveat that if they like your work enough, you might end up on NXT or, who knows, even the main roster. 

All this talk is quite silly. 

That path has worked for how many people so far? 

1 hour ago, DTTW said:

That path has worked for how many people so far? 

The WWE basically gave 16 dudes a lottery ticket (1yr, 16£) and a few of those guys will probably end up doing very well. At the worst, some get an indy pay bump due to the WWE connection. I don't see how any of these guys will be in a worse place this time next year (and I'm using the CW tournament as my comparison)

• Like 2

NOTE: Reposting this from the Music thread, just because

This is the last song I heard this year, played by a local band on Channel 3 WCIA, while our Crack WCIA Newsteam were getting drunk and filming it. 

Which of course can only remind me of something far more positive

YamakawaBBM99cardfront.jpg

I CAN ONLY ASK THAT MUCH FROM THIS YEAR GODDAMMIT GIVE ME A NEW YAMAKAWA

• Like 3

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic